MPI to SCT SWAP.

mcdoogle1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to be moving ahead with my swap out but need some ideas where to get it, who can tune it, will it need to be dyno tuned again, if so where? I have no local shops that I know of that have a dyno. She is "Highly" modified and not to sure any of my local shops would be able to help. I am located un upstate ny, "Frankfort" about 45 min from syracuse. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
If it will help I can put a detailed list together of mods.
Thanks
Paul

Exactly bro, no one even knows what it is. There is only 1 person that knows how to program it and he is the one that created it. Modern Performance Inc. Based in jersey. About six hours from me. Very old school it's a piggy back System that needs to run off of a 1980ish laptop with com ports. ...... they don't even make com ports anymore.

Can you supply some pictures of the module? If I remember the truck correctly when I saw it, it also has an extra injector installed in the air intake pipe? I don't believe the SCT will have the capability to control the 11th injector, that may need to be removed.

These are the pics that I currently have available. Doesn't show much but here they are.

Attachments

• 4314865680_f4b2a01232_b-1.jpg
    4314865680_f4b2a01232_b-1.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20140717_202649.jpg
    20140717_202649.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20140717_202831.jpg
    20140717_202831.jpg
    671.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 20140717_202944.jpg
    20140717_202944.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 59
  • 20140717_203000.jpg
    20140717_203000.jpg
    889.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20140718_054843.jpg
    20140718_054843.jpg
    832.5 KB · Views: 52
I would recommend taking your truck straight them if they are only 6 hrs away, a simple day trip
To drop it off, then if there's any issues they can resolve it right there!! They obviously know the system the best being they made it.

That may be my only option!!!!! Now knowing that the SCT may not even be able to support two extra injectors. I just figured it would be easier for myself to work on with the swap, rather than having to drive to jersey every year to get it reprogrammed so I can pass NY state inspection. That's realy the whole reason behind the idea of the swap. There is nothing wrong with the current tuner other then the tune, runs super rich which is the way it was set up to but with that tune it also throws a code and won't pass inspection.

That may be my only option!!!!! Now knowing that the SCT may not even be able to support two extra injectors. I just figured it would be easier for myself to work on with the swap, rather than having to drive to jersey every year to get it reprogrammed so I can pass NY state inspection. That's realy the whole reason behind the idea of the swap. There is nothing wrong with the current tuner other then the tune, runs super rich which is the way it was set up to but with that tune it also throws a code and won't pass inspection.

How do they do their emission inspection in NY?

They basically hook up under the dash run aprogram thats hooked directly to Albany and check all sensors to see if all are in a ready state.
On-Board Diagnostics Generation II (OBDII) Inspection. Most 1996 or newer gasoline-powered vehicles and most 1997 or newer diesel-powered vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) less than 8,501 pounds are subject to the OBDII emissions inspection. This test examines the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), also known as the "check engine" light, for operation/illumination, and verifies the test results of the vehicle's "on-board emissions diagnostic" system.

Low Enhanced Inspection. A "Low Enhanced" emissions inspection is required for most other vehicles, unless they are subject to the OBDII test or are exempt from all emissions inspections. This inspection is required for all vehicles from and including model year 1995 and older, through and including vehicles that are up to 25 model years old, and that weigh 18,000 lbs. or less.

Each emissions inspection for gasoline-powered vehicles confirms the presence and connection of the vehicle's required emissions control devices. This includes making sure that the vehicle's gas cap is present, is in good condition, and fits properly.

The following emissions control devices are examined if the vehicle was originally manufactured with them:

Catalytic converter (CAT)
Exhaust gas recirculation valve (EGR
Positive crankcase ventilation system (PCV)
Air injection system (AIS)
Evaporative emissions control (EVAP)
Fuel inlet restrictor (FIR)
Thermostatic air cleaner (TAC)
You can help your vehicle pass an OBDII emissions inspection by keeping it properly maintained. If the vehicle's Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL, or "check engine" light) indicates there may be a malfunction or other problem, have the vehicle properly repaired. A well maintained, properly functioning vehicle uses less fuel and creates less exhaust emissions.

Similar to PA. Clear the code, baby the truck for 100 to 150 miles and if the light doesn't come back on it should pass.

You will need to do a lot of driving at 45-55 mph with part throttle tip in. Followed by acceleration up to about 65 mph then allow the vehicle to decel. to around 45mph without using the brakes.

At some point I would still recommend getting the system swapped to the SCT but if you can push it through the current emission test it will keep you from having to do it immediately.

how far are ya from Tator's???

its Tator's Garage in Salem, New York:rock::rock::rock:

Last edited:
Already running dual pumps and monster injectors.

Nothing against your truck or you as I think truck is awesome. That being said there are several trucks making 750-1000rwhp
On 10 injectors and twin pumps. Your system is over complicated and not needed. Efrain is correct ditch the extra injectors and wiring crap get a sct and have a good day. What size injectors you have?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back