dizzle81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
101_1750.JPG

101_1749.JPG

101_1742.JPG

101_1743.JPG

101_1744.JPG

101_1745.JPGTook the fam to Mt Lemmon for a picnic. I just realized I've never put any pics of my 10 up here.

Awesome pix man! Brings back good memories. My G-ma and G-father lived in Tucson and I spent every summer there. I can remember it being 117* in Tucson and look up to see Mt. Lemmon with a snow cap on the peaks! A-mountain became another hang out as I became of age to drive. As arrid and seemingly desolate as Tucson may be, I loved the place! Old Tucson was cool as shit as a kid and knowing how many old movies were filmed right there. made many a visit to Kitt Peak Observatory and those memories still amaze me as did the Grand Canyon. Arizona is so often looked as a beautiful creation of earth. Please add more pix when you can, maybe how the city has grown. It's been 17 years since I've been back.

VENOMOUS1 said:
Awesome pix man! Brings back good memories. My G-ma and G-father lived in Tucson and I spent every summer there. I can remember it being 117* in Tucson and look up to see Mt. Lemmon with a snow cap on the peaks! A-mountain became another hang out as I became of age to drive. As arrid and seemingly desolate as Tucson may be, I loved the place! Old Tucson was cool as shit as a kid and knowing how many old movies were filmed right there. made many a visit to Kitt Peak Observatory and those memories still amaze me as did the Grand Canyon. Arizona is so often looked as a beautiful creation of earth. Please add more pix when you can, maybe how the city has grown. It's been 17 years since I've been back.
Next Time were out I'll try to snap some pics. Been here since I was 3. City just keeps on growing in all directions. Places I remember with dirt roads are now sprawling communities with tons of houses. There are even rumors of a six flags and a mall of america planned in vail. lol all the yuppies moved to vail for peace and quiet and now they may get a theme park and the largest mall ever built!

I'm still here looking at these pix! I think your thread is Godsent because I rarely get the time to sit back and reflect upon them as the are no longer with us and I lost them both around 19 years ago. The memory trip is awesome and thanks again.

On a lighter note, one of my favorite movies any carnut should know, "The Wraith" with Charlie Sheen as a kid and Martin Sheen as the cop, was filed on a back road in Tucson. A long straight away as far as eyes can see. The beginning and end of movie had these scenes. I believe A-mountain, Kitt Peak rd., and Mt. Lemmon are used in this old's kool street racing flick!

Remember many hot assed girlfriends there and met every one at the malls. I seem to remember bout 4 malls. Tucson Mall, and forget the others but one was Spanish named? Ahh those days. And nights.....girls naked on the top of A -mountain nightly. Know the Romanesque gazeebo at the top of the mountain? That's where I played like a Greek God! My G- patents lived off Cottonwood and that was not a few miles from the inner city prison I never understood? I remember at least weekly someone would escape and terrorize the city till caught and the damn ghetto bird shining their bright as light through bedroom windows. The heat from that spotlight you could feel as this bird is hovering 100's of feet away! Crazy shtuff. Oh and the dry river bed next to their house. I would go for miles down that riverbed, and to see it flood over the top in hours during monsoon season was wicked.
If I drank , I'd need many a brewski right now.
Thanks again, bud!
P.S. Your 10 is beautiful as well, sorry that took so long, mind pre-occupied.

Its cool. I grew up on the far east side. The mall your thinking of is El con. Used to be the exact center of town. Now its a ghost town, literally, its still open but only the large dept stores are still in it. park mall was another and it has been completly rebuilt and renamed park place. My favorite thing about A mountain is how the city manages to light it on fire every 4th of july. lol

VENOMOUS1 said:
I'm still here looking at these pix! I think your thread is Godsent because I rarely get the time to sit back and reflect upon them as the are no longer with us and I lost them both around 19 years ago. The memory trip is awesome and thanks again.

On a lighter note, one of my favorite movies any carnut should know, "The Wraith" with Charlie Sheen as a kid and Martin Sheen as the cop, was filed on a back road in Tucson. A long straight away as far as eyes can see. The beginning and end of movie had these scenes. I believe A-mountain, Kitt Peak rd., and Mt. Lemmon are used in this old's kool street racing flick!

Remember many hot assed girlfriends there and met every one at the malls. I seem to remember bout 4 malls. Tucson Mall, and forget the others but one was Spanish named? Ahh those days. And nights.....girls naked on the top of A -mountain nightly. Know the Romanesque gazeebo at the top of the mountain? That's where I played like a Greek God! My G- patents lived off Cottonwood and that was not a few miles from the inner city prison I never understood? I remember at least weekly someone would escape and terrorize the city till caught and the damn ghetto bird shining their bright as light through bedroom windows. The heat from that spotlight you could feel as this bird is hovering 100's of feet away! Crazy shtuff. Oh and the dry river bed next to their house. I would go for miles down that riverbed, and to see it flood over the top in hours during monsoon season was wicked.
If I drank , I'd need many a brewski right now.
Thanks again, bud!
P.S. Your 10 is beautiful as well, sorry that took so long, mind pre-occupied.
And sorry bout your grandparents. I know how that goes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back