Music to my ears

Yellow venom said:
Looks killer JRSVIPR,very well done,nice clean factory look,Thats exactly what my next stereo upgrade is goin to be,Two thumbs up!
Thank you, I be rockin.:rock:

Hey guys, I am bringing this back hopefully to help anyone that might be looking for an upgrade that works with the I-phone 3-G. As you know i had the Pioneer AVIC D3 in the first pictures posted. I was not happy with that unit as it did not charge or play videos from my phone, So my installer was nice enough to swap it out for this. It is Kenwoods DNX 5120, And this i like. It does everything i wanted, And the install as you can see is TITs. The bezel color matches the truck color to a T. Oh, And that is E.C. playing off my phone.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

• CIMG2980.jpg
    CIMG2980.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 200
  • CIMG2979.jpg
    CIMG2979.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 174
  • CIMG2978.jpg
    CIMG2978.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 160
  • CIMG2976.jpg
    CIMG2976.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 163
  • CIMG2975.jpg
    CIMG2975.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
JRSVIPR said:
The guy that did the install cut the bezel to the new opening,With the plate for the new unit attached to the back,Fiberglass & paint.
Just wanted to bring this back for some members.:D

JRSVIPR said:
Yeah,Thats better.

Pioneer AVIC D3 Double Din DVD Nav.
Pioneer CD 1200 IPOD Direct cable.
Pioneer Bluetooth Wireless Adapter
FOCAL Polyglass V1 6.5 2-way
Focal Polyglass 11" Subwoofer
FOCAL 4x75 Amp
Steering wheel remote interface
Mike here you go.

hey did u lose steering wheel controls?? how much is the unit? still got nav?

Damn...I need someone to do that for me.

Really clean and functional.

lukedovichak said:
hey did u lose steering wheel controls?? how much is the unit? still got nav?
The Nav. is built in, No disc to mess with. I have steering wheel controls,DVD, I phone w/ipod connection. Sounds pretty good to.:D

sweet how much? you can play the dvd and navigate while driving right? i hate having to stop to punch stuff in. or pull over to watcha movie:)

lukedovichak said:
sweet how much? you can play the dvd and navigate while driving right? i hate having to stop to punch stuff in. or pull over to watcha movie:)
You can probably get a pretty good price on the head unit from www.amazon.com As for watching movies while you drive, Against the law in Cali. But it can be set up to work that way. Might be a little distracting though.:D I can download movies to my phone and play them on the head unit.

lukedovichak said:
thats awesome! ya its illegal in canada too, but sometimes the "passanger" need some to watch ;) thx for teh info. and you still have full steering wheel controls after everything is done. you got subs in there too?

DNX 5120

https://access.pennwest.com:4403/Citrix/AccessPlatform/site/default.aspx
Yes, They modified the stock sub. enclosure to take an 11" Focal. Everything looks stock. I do have mine set up to play while driving.:D

Since there is some interest in this, I decided to post the rest of the install. I chose to go with the stock look as much as possible. The only thing that is stock is the sub enclosure, Although the inside has been modified to accept the 11" sub. The amp. is behind the passenger seat. Oh yeah, And the tweeters.:D

Attachments

• CIMG3027.jpg
    CIMG3027.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 131
  • CIMG3028.jpg
    CIMG3028.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 190
  • CIMG3029.jpg
    CIMG3029.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 156
  • CIMG3030.jpg
    CIMG3030.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 162
  • CIMG3031.jpg
    CIMG3031.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 131
  • CIMG3032.jpg
    CIMG3032.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 144
  • CIMG3033.jpg
    CIMG3033.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 113
  • CIMG3034.jpg
    CIMG3034.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 163
  • CIMG3035.jpg
    CIMG3035.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 155
  • CIMG3036.jpg
    CIMG3036.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Looks very clean bro. Very clean. I love the amp cover on the pass side. High quality equipment. Someone spent a little loot!:rock: :rock: :rock:

5_0_BAIT said:
Looks very clean bro. Very clean. I love the amp cover on the pass side. High quality equipment. Someone spent a little loot!:rock: :rock: :rock:
Thanks 5_0, You have a good eye.:rock:

Found it...:rock:
Awesome job, EXACTLY WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR!:D

Did I read correctly, you prefer the Kenwood over the Pioneer?

Thanks for the direction.
Mike

MikeNice said:
Found it...:rock:
Awesome job, EXACTLY WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR!:D

Did I read correctly, you prefer the Kenwood over the Pioneer?

Thanks for the direction.
Mike
I preferred the Kenwood because it is compatible with my I-Phone, Other than that the Pioneer is a good unit.

I was looking at the Pioneer, If thats the only reason for the switch, then I'm all good.
Thanks for the pics.:rock:
Great install.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back