My 1968 Firebird

chad434sc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned in my thread about my new truck that I should post some pics of my Firebird. I have had this car for 14 years. In the beginning of 2007 I took it to a buddy of mine and he had it for 15 months. We replaced every piece of steel on the car except for the roof. The engine is a 434 small block Chevy built by me. Dart little-M block with Eagle rotating assy with JE pistons, I could go on and on with the mods. The heads are AFR210's fully ported. The supercharger is a Procharger F-2 with their 1300hp intercooler. This car before all these mods ran 10.40 naturally aspirated and 9.70 on nitrous. The goal now is 9.00. I know I have the power for it but the traction is another problem so I have been working with Calvert racing and all my suspension on here is from them except for the trick front springs. I do drive this car on the street to.
IMG_1536-1.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

Here is a pic of the new rims. I am still waiting for the rears to come in from Centerline. Also in this pic you can see my new disc brake conversion. Twin piston polished aluminum calipers. And yes I know there is a gap in this pic but this pic really exaggerates it.
IMG_0103.jpg

I'm not done with it yet either. I have wires in the engine compartment to hide yet. The MSD6 BTM and coil are hidden in the glove compartment.

ViperPowa said:
Damn, that car is a beauty. Centerline convo pros>? You sir have good tatse:D

Centerline Split spoke to be exact. They are new for 2009. Like I said I am still waiting for the rears. I can't wait.

chad434sc said:
I'm not done with it yet either. I have wires in the engine compartment to hide yet. The MSD6 BTM and coil are hidden in the glove compartment.

Nice car, thats about the same as I want to do to my Javelin. Let me add one thing to your not done list, the valve covers. They gotta go:D I really like your fender braces, I need a set for my car but was thinking of using the rod end types like on alternator tensioners, but maybe you just changed my mind.

yellowfever#154 said:
Nice car, thats about the same as I want to do to my Javelin. Let me add one thing to your not done list, the valve covers. They gotta go:D I really like your fender braces, I need a set for my car but was thinking of using the rod end types like on alternator tensioners, but maybe you just changed my mind.

Yeah I am going to change them out. I was thinking about plain aluminum. I don't know yet. that's the only reason I have not changed them yet because I wasn't really sure what I wanted. I like the Chevy bowtie valve covers but it's a Firebird but then again its a Chevy engine. Hell I don't know. lol

chad434sc said:
Yeah I am going to change them out. I was thinking about plain aluminum. I don't know yet. that's the only reason I have not changed them yet because I wasn't really sure what I wanted. I like the Chevy bowtie valve covers but it's a Firebird but then again its a Chevy engine. Hell I don't know. lol

Gotta get a set of fabricated aluminum ones. They look the best, I love the look of nice aluminum welds.

chad434sc said:
Centerline Split spoke to be exact. They are new for 2009. Like I said I am still waiting for the rears. I can't wait.

Doh lol, didn't read right, didn't realize those were the new centerlines so I figured you were gonna run some convo pro's cause I'm biased towards them haha. The new ones do look great though, would love to see the rears.

Sooooooo, wheres the vids of this bad boy in action? :D

You will have vids soon enough of the new setup. On the Dyno and at the track. I will post new pics soon when I get the rears.

chad434sc said:
Those are very nice.

I have the same on my car, but not Moroso ones. Not too many options for fabricators for the AMC engine and mine are crap. There is a big difference between the $150 ones and $600 ones. Mine leak oil out the bolt holes and I just found that the welds on the top around the stand pipe for the bolts isnt welded all the way around. Im sure you wouldnt have that problem with the big brand name ones though.

You gotta love AMC engines, pops has a 80 J-10 with ACM 360 with 40x heads and beefed up valvetrain, 750 Barry Grant Demon, good engine.

ViperPowa said:
You gotta love AMC engines, pops has a 80 J-10 with ACM 360 with 40x heads and beefed up valvetrain, 750 Barry Grant Demon, good engine.

Heck ya, they make good power when done right. Ill post a thread in the next couple weeks when I am satisfied with mine. I dont want to hoe up this thread anymore than I already have.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back