my 2005 srt is making a funny noise

Houstonsrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY 2005 SRT 10 QC is started making a funny noise i noticed the other day when i accelerate the gas its not losing power or do i notice anything different just that noice but it dont sound good cant exactly explain the noise but its like them power wheels sound lol i wonder if its the tranny oh and another thing this is not a daily driver i barely hit the mark of 33k. Thanks in advance

Check the wheel bearings. and/or brake calipers sometimes stick. while you have it jacked , remove the power wheels!!;)

Im assuming ur from Texas (just a hunch). But if u have been experiencing any cold weather it could be the exhaust. Im from MA but just before I put my truck away for the winter I had the same thing happen and I only have 24k miles on it. Unfortunately I'm still running a stock exhaust, but if its cold enough out the factory collectors shrink up just enough that it makes makes a really strange sound (blow by) under heavy acceleration!

i had to change out my drive shaft completely cause it went out, and got a 1 piece alum driveshaft to take its place.

Possibly - a long metal tube with a u-joint on one end laying in the middle of the road behind him? :dontknow:

Just funnin' (and gettin' my post count up)!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back