My 555 lb Atlas Stone Load

Derek, is that the stone you were telling me about at the restauarant that day? Thats cool how they sandblasted it like that. Thats incredible.... Can it be used for competition?

I got three ruptures just watching...one groin, one gut, and one eye ball that just exploded!

common man just step it up to 600 already , :) by the looks of that it wont be a problem :)...

nice vid

Very nice, we still need you at the Nats to change to our slicks and back.

TREKER said:
Derek, is that the stone you were telling me about at the restauarant that day? Thats cool how they sandblasted it like that. Thats incredible.... Can it be used for competition?
Yup, that'd be the one and only! Heaviest Atlas Stone ever made. It can be in a competition as it's identical to the one you saw the other two guys lifting, just a tad heavier!! :rock:

heavy equipment operator here and all i have to say is u are doing it the hard way. also remember i am fat and out of shape.

congrats on what u have accomplished!!!

and remember renting a backhoe is not that expensive :D :D :D :D :D

The dedication to your sport and your own conditioning is truly amazing. I somehow get the feeling watching you do this, that the competitions are just a way for you to measure your own progress.

"Viper Powered" on the stone is a nice touch.

FSTJACK said:
The dedication to your sport and your own conditioning is truly amazing. I somehow get the feeling watching you do this, that the competitions are just a way for you to measure your own progress.

"Viper Powered" on the stone is a nice touch.
Thanks FSTJACK, I guess in a way I only compete for self satisfaction!! I'm glad someone finally noticed the "Viper Power" on the stone. It's a bit of a spin off of when Jon Paul Sigmorsson and Svend Carlson used to yell "Viking Power" back in there days. A buddy joked about it and it has just kinda stuck ever since he did "The Viper" video several months back when I won Americas Strongest Man!

Voodoo said:
heavy equipment operator here and all i have to say is u are doing it the hard way. also remember i am fat and out of shape.

congrats on what u have accomplished!!!

and remember renting a backhoe is not that expensive :D :D :D :D :D
I cant honestly even say chicks dig it so I guees I do it because my calling in life is to lift stupid heavy objects! I was cursed at being great at a sport that gets very little recognition. I wish I was a great football player! I'd be worth millions :D

lbstone said:
I cant honestly even say chicks dig it so I guees I do it because my calling in life is to lift stupid heavy objects! I was cursed at being great at a sport that gets very little recognition. I wish I was a great football player! I'd be worth millions :D
The NY Giants could use you.:)

You are already worth millions to those you protect and serve. And there are 3 thousand of us here on VTCOA that live vicariously through your efforts...you are carrying all of us with you!

Again, thanks for what you do for a living and what you do for fun!

lbstone said:
my calling in life is to lift stupid heavy objects! :D
I'm sure you can be kept pretty busy, even right here, at this website:p .................................... Good luck to you and congrats for all your effort:congrats: .

Last edited:
Incredible:rock: ,
I just had back surgery and cringed at the thought of trying to lift something 1/5 that weight!!!!:nurse:
I,m quessing that your back is better than ever!!!!:dontknow:
You are truly an inspiration to me and others,to get back to a normal life after undergoing surgery!!!!!!:burnout: :burnout:
2008 competitors(be afraid,very afraid);)
The viper logo is awesome,maybe Dodge could use you for endorsement??:)
Stay safe and healthy Derek!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back