My black Venom Hood

tommyg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a couple pictures. You cant tell much, but I need to have it repainted because of a couple runs in the paint, and I want to paint the side vents a contrasting color. Maybe viper green.
I mounted a viper bumper sticker a couple inches inside the scoop just for fun:D

Attachments

• Ram 003.jpg
    Ram 003.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,342
  • Ram SRT Hood 006.JPG
    Ram SRT Hood 006.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 5,324
  • Viper Eyes.JPG
    Viper Eyes.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 4,804
Last edited:
Looks like shit. I think you should sell it to me for half of what u paid. :D

Looks good Tom. What's up with the old school Dodge Stealth that I've been seeing in the driveway? New daily driver? That shit look clean.

tommyg said:
Took a couple pictures. You cant tell much, but I need to have it repainted because of a couple runs in the paint, and I want to paint the side vents a contrasting color. Maybe viper green.
I mounted a viper bumper sticker a couple inches inside the scoop just for fun:D
Dam bro that looks nice, send me some pics to [email protected] and will get them put up on the site if ya wnat buddy,

maybe next years panama gtg we should change it to venom hood gtg:D

thanks guys.
I'll post more pictures in a couple weeks when I get it repainted and the vents done.
Steve,
yeah Ive been busy working on the 92 stealth (twin turbo). Its not old school like the cuda though. Incredibly engineered car for its time, and still drives like a modern car. AWD, 4 wheel steering, electronic suspension, electronic exhaust control. The paints about a 25 footer. Lots of scratches and small dents which I'll take care of later in the year. Otherwise it looks good. Its got 76k miles on it, and runs great. About 300 awhp, which probably makes it about as quick as the truck, and definitely quicker than the cuda.
The 71 cuda, even with the 440-6, its so crude, it doesnt move like a modern car. Even with the hemi suspension and upgraded steering it drives more like a boat. It was made to drive in a straight line. Sure looks great though doesnt it? To me its a mechanical and visual piece of fine art.
The wife has a different opinion though.

just keeping them clean takes all my free time.
Not to mention the black truck, which is an impossible task

Attachments

• Stealth.JPG
    Stealth.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 673
  • Mopar 2010 Nats 082.jpg
    Mopar 2010 Nats 082.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 345
latest pics:

Ramhood003.jpg

Ramhood004.jpg

Ramhood002.jpg

Ramhood001.jpg

its actually limelight....my cuda color. I would prefer the snakeskin, but limelight is what I had.
Has anyone else noticed that colors similar to snakeskin green seem to all the sudden be the latest hottest thing out there.
Even seen it on the newest ford fiesta! in all their ads. Of course they call it something else.
Heres a good comparison:
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...-2008-snakeskin-green-pearl-coat-oh-yeah.html

I'm very happy with the hood, with two exceptions which we couldnt correct. Its slightly twisted, with the front right showing about a 3/4" gap with the fender, with everything else lined up at about 1/3".
It also hits underneath on the right side of the top of the radiator support.

Last edited:
Looks great man. Nice hood, coloring everyting. May I want one of those hoods. If any body wants to sell theirs or swap for a OEM hood pleas let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice color combo

tommyg said:
thanks guys.
I'll post more pictures in a couple weeks when I get it repainted and the vents done.
Steve,
yeah Ive been busy working on the 92 stealth (twin turbo). Its not old school like the cuda though. Incredibly engineered car for its time, and still drives like a modern car. AWD, 4 wheel steering, electronic suspension, electronic exhaust control. The paints about a 25 footer. Lots of scratches and small dents which I'll take care of later in the year. Otherwise it looks good. Its got 76k miles on it, and runs great. About 300 awhp, which probably makes it about as quick as the truck, and definitely quicker than the cuda.
The 71 cuda, even with the 440-6, its so crude, it doesnt move like a modern car. Even with the hemi suspension and upgraded steering it drives more like a boat. It was made to drive in a straight line. Sure looks great though doesnt it? To me its a mechanical and visual piece of fine art.
The wife has a different opinion though.

How "upgraded" is your steering???? :dontknow: ;)

http://www.magnumforce.com/store/de...BrandID=&Category=&SubCategory=&Search=&Page=

I upgraded the stock power steering pump to an "extra firm feel" pump from steer and gear. It definitely gives the steering a better, heavier feel, but with the rest of the suspension essentially standard Hemi fare, it rides very stiff, heavy bump steer, and with the new pump a little more like a bass boat than a cabin cruiser.

Last edited:
I actually did a little work and came up with these colors because the green is actually what a real viper looks like. Then I drew up a blackish viper image because I wanted something a little more subtle on my truck that I was going to have airbrushed around the scoop, but I couldnt find anyone to airbrush the image for what I thought was a reasonable price. Plus I thought it might look a little much. In the end I decided to just go with the green scales/gills, and the eyes of the image floating a few inches behind the intake.
Maybe a little hokey, but I can always remove it if I get tired of it.

Attachments

• snake%20red%20eye[1].jpg
    snake%20red%20eye[1].jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 151

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back