My email to Top Gear BBC

DUCATI HAULER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear Top Gear,

In 2004 the record for the Worlds Fastest Production Pickup Truck was set by the Dodge Ram SRT10 with an average speed of 154.587 mph beating out the Ford Lightning. This in turn was beat by the HSV’s Maloo R8 Ute with a speed of 168.668 mph in 2006. I feel that the Maloo R8 Ute was only considered for the record due to the fact that they made what is essentially a car with a bed and labeled it a utility vehicle. The Maloo R8 is not made on a truck frame like the Ford Lightning or Ram SRT10 and there for can not take the record for the "Worlds Fastest Production Pickup Truck" which the Ram was titled as it is not a pickup. Should Guinness world record have put this vehicle in its own class and not with the pick up's? Just wondering what your thoughts on this was.

From America,
A proud RAM SRT10 owner

I have watched all the seasons of Top Gear and I remember them testing the Lightning but never the SRT10. WTF
:dontknow:

"People aren't too surprised when they hear about expensive super cars or race cars setting speed records," he added. "But few people expect a standard production pickup truck, which they can drive straight off the dealer lot, to be capable of this sort of speed. That's what makes this such a great Guinness World Record."

This is a qoute from Hein Le Roux, research team member at Guinness World Records the day of the record being set.

My sentiments exactly, the El Camino is not a truck under any definition besides it has a bed they don't consider the Baja and Brat a truck?

My sentiments exactly, the El Camino is not a truck under any definition besides it has a bed they don't consider the Baja and Brat a truck?

Im sure this has been discussed and beaten to death but WTF Dodge how could they let this happen. So I say answer back with a 2014 Dodge Ram SRT10.

TopGear's review of the lightning was full of criticism. Mostly about the size of the thing on the small european rodes. I would hate to see what they say about the SRT10 - especially if they test drove a QC.

TopGear's review of the lightning was full of criticism. Mostly about the size of the thing on the small european rodes. I would hate to see what they say about the SRT10 - especially if they test drove a QC.

They would love the qc it's the hotz thing on the planet:rock:

Seeing their biased, American hating program time and time again, I would hate to see what they think about a vehicle that basically embodies everything American haha

Lets not forget that Mercedes owned Chrysler for quite some time...isn't that when the 10 took the record?

So this is what ive gotten so far

Thanks for emailing Top Gear.

If your email is complimentary then thanks very much, we think you're great too.

If you'd like to know more about the show, get tickets to be in the audience or watch great videos, visit our website at BBC Two - Top Gear

We don't have the resources to answer all emails personally, but we do read them and pass them to the relevant people.

BBC Top Gear team

Maybe i should try Top Gear USA and let Tanner Foust answer this one.

So basically you get a auto reply to a email box to nowhere, lol.. im sure they dont read them either " as they claim they do"

When i was in australia i saw one and a local said that its basically their version of the el camino ss

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back