My first 1/4 mile run in the truck

Rickspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am thinking about going down to the track tomorrow, and see what she can do. I have plenty of years drag exp. in cars, but never ran an auto truck. Just looking for some feedback and tips on what I can do to have a good first time out. Also what should she run with the mods I have done to her? Thanks

let ya air down in the rear tires to about 18psi

dont pull thru the water box go around it

jsut skirt the tires a little , a large burnout shouldnt be neccessary

stage up on the lights jsut over idle

a full tank of fuel helps traction;) not gonna hurt you times that much

You Jersy guys seem to run very well at your tracks they seem to have god prep, and good air.
you should be at a very low 13 second run or maybe a little better:D

I think you just hit the tow-haul button so it doesn't shift into overdrive. Someone with an auto might correct me on this one.

My guess is 13.67 if you don't have DR's

Good luck and have fun.

High to mid 13's. My best is a 13.45 so far. Couldn't get out od the 9's on the 1/8th in Panama.

My best is 13.50 at 102 with just a few mods. I havent ran with 2 of the 4 cats removed yet but she feels better...and sounds better.

Just got home, and my best time was 13.398 @ 105.1. Thanks for all the feedback guys. Now what do i need to do to hit the mid 12's? :rock:

Rickspeed said:
Just got home, and my best time was 13.398 @ 105.1. Thanks for all the feedback guys. Now what do i need to do to hit the mid 12's? :rock:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Rickspeed said:
Nice run. How many passes did you make?

Rickspeed said:
I got 3 runs in that day, the fastest was my 3rd run. The other 2 were in the mid 13.4 range.
This being the first time out and only three passes and looking at your speed, i would bet you hit a 13 flat or a high 12s with more practice . Were you manual shifting of leaving it in drive?

Drag Radials will bring your 60' times down to 1.80 - 1.70 range, there is you 2 to 3 tenths right there.

OSO said:
This being the first time out and only three passes and looking at your speed, i would bet you hit a 13 flat or a high 12s with more practice . Were you manual shifting of leaving it in drive?

I was just leaving it in drive, its funny the first 2 runs I had the tow/haul button pushed, and the 3rd it was off, and that was my best run. I also was just punching the gas when the light turned green, was not power braking, this was my first time running an auto. I am planning to go back in a few weeks after in install the mopar headers, and see if there is any difference.

FATJACK said:
Drag Radials will bring your 60' times down to 1.80 - 1.70 range, there is you 2 to 3 tenths right there.

Yeah i am saving up for them, for next season. would love to hit high 12's N/A.

Rickspeed said:
I was just leaving it in drive, its funny the first 2 runs I had the tow/haul button pushed, and the 3rd it was off, and that was my best run. I also was just punching the gas when the light turned green, was not power braking, this was my first time running an auto. I am planning to go back in a few weeks after in install the mopar headers, and see if there is any difference.
You got 12s coming easy:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back