My first screw up in my viper

K-80-123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well took the car out for a spirited drive on Christmas.....roads were pretty much clear and I was doing some 3rd gear pulls under boost..............well I see a car coming up on me fast from behind.....so I push her up to red line in 3rd....and pull it down into 2nd
cursin.gif
cursin.gif
.....rev limiter hit pushed in the clutch quickly....I was alone but the rest of the way home my face was red.......I am sure if my car could talk she would say........Dumb Ass!!!
banghead.gif

I made a promise to my girl I would never do that again..
thumbup.gif

I know exactly how that feels......

We live and learn..........

Glad ya din' bust nuthin'.......

T

That why they have rev limiter for guys like us. :D

iraqivet01 said:
That why they have rev limiter for guys like us. :D

Sorry, a rev limiter does not do a damn thing for you here. If you don't get the clutch in quick enough you are going to be winging it in the 9 to 10 grand range.

Sh!t. It happens.:dontknow:

Forget about how it made you feel;) I'll come out and try it for ya!!:rock:

WOW!

Not my idea of something to forget

I don't think I hurt the car but I am really not sure since I spent the rest of the drive being very good all the way home.....clutch and tranny seem fine.....ran through all the gears no problem and the the clutch does not seem any different....just feel like a Dumb A$$ that I did that.......won't happen again.

Did that in our old C5 racing a crotch rocket. Almost had a Ninja for a trunk ornament!:D

Thank god for high-strength rod bolts, eh?:p

Bad luck all around, I had the same thing happen in my truck last night. The weather here has been all weird and it rained for a few days melting all the snow and cleaning the roads. Knowing I wouldn't get a chance to driver the 10 for a few more months, I took her out and stretched her legs. In the 10 I can tell just as she slips in gear that I'm back in 2nd from 3rd cause she fights me more then usual! I was tacking at maybe 4.5K in third as I nailed 2nd and just as the revs started to rise I was able to clutch her and go to 4th. I did this a second time about a mile up the road! WTF, its tough going from a caddy to the 10!! Both times I wasn't even close to redline so the accidental down shift was safe but still pissed me off!! I'm beginning to think my clutch is going after 21K miles. All of my shifts above 5K are getting difficult but that doesn't excuse me "hitting the wrong hole"! With a g/f its one thing but on the truck (or Viper), its blasphemy!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back