My first time at the track with the 10

Nates GTS Viper

Reaction score
Last weekend I went to my local 1/8th mile track (sumerduck dragway in sumerduck Va). I towed my cousins truck (88 s-10 with built 355 and 100 shot) from his house to the track which was about a 45 minute drive. The Srt did great hauling the truck (it was just like a Sunday drive, couldnt even tell it was back there, braking or accelerating). After we got there we unloaded his truck and got a quick run in before the line got long. It was only about 15 minutes after we got there. My truck is a 05 QC with a paxton, b&b headers high flow cats and b&b catback. Thats the way I bought it about 6000 miles ago and the truck now has 58000 miles on it with the mods being done to it when it had around 7000 miles on the truck. I bought it from Az and havent had it tuned for Va yet but it does run pretty strong.

So hears what I ran: first run right after getting there was a 8.9 at 74mph with a 1.9 60 ft
The second run after letting it cool a bit but with it not as cool as it could have been was a 8.3 at 84mph with a 1.9 60ft
I felt it still had more it it but that was the first time taking it to the track and hauling my cousins truck.
All in all im happy with the performance but just want to ask if a programmer to raise the shift points would make much difference.

I wouldn't raise it too much, if at all...

What's the track elevation? Where you running Drag radials or stock tires?

Whats it shifting at now? I wouldn't go over 5800RPM MAX, when mine was on the dyno it dropped off like a rock at 5725RPM every time,so pointless to rev it past that!JMO.

Im not really sure the elevation of the track but I believe it is close to sea level. I ran on Pirelli tires that I believe are just like the factory ones. They are not drag radials. The truck didnt spin off the line and I launched it holding the brake and getting it up to about 1500-1800rpms. It cut a 1.9XX 60 foot time both runs. Im not to sure what it shifts at now I think around 5300 or 5500rpms. I just asked about the shift point b/c it seems like it kind of falls flat on its shift to third like its not carring enough rpms to keep it in the powerband of the paxton. I also think that it had a 7.XX run in it if I could have run it cold. Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back