My Go Fast button broke....

metalme2

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've seen several old and new posts about this topic so I'm hoping to consolidate the possible reasons...

My 2006 QC shifts fine (albeit sharply due to shift kit) at slow acceleration. When I bought it two weeks ago, I replaced the TPS sensor.. and had the trans serviced as well as replaced the Governor Pressure Solenoid with a Borg Warner.

I'm not sure if I did the TPS properly.. I just removed the old, installed the new one, started the truck, ran through some wot events to theoretically calibrate it.. And that was it..

It was going ok for a bit, then started to get progressively worse... Now not just wot but close to it... And seems to really be when the trans shifts down twice rather than once.

Each time there have been cars around so I haven't stared at the tach to see if I'm hitting the limiter.. But it feels like a combo between the trans not shifting in time thereby allowing the engine rpm to hit the limiter... Severely annoying as I go to pass someone, press too hard on the gas...and the truck bucks like a pissed mule...

So...

TPS
Replace gov press solenoid
Adjust bands

Do I now clean the IAC?
adjust the throttle valve cable? (saw that somewhere on the forum)

Seems like something is out of adjustment... Not major..

Please any thoughts would be appreciated.

Note: I bought the truck used from a used car dealership. They had no info to give me so thanks to ViperJeff... I found out previous owner installed a Volant CAI, 180 thermostat, shift kit.. I wonder if its ever had a custom tune but have no idea.

Thanks all

Yes it sounds like your Throttle Valve cable is out of adjustment or you may have internal issue and need a build bro. :burnout:
How'd your filter look last time you changed fluid?

Didn't get a chance to see it so I'll ask the trans guy tomorrow. Sadly one would think that the guy would have said something if he thought the tranny was in need of a rebuild, especially since he thought my truck was badass, new of the problem, and test drove before and after... I hope he didn't blow me off...

What is the method and setting for TV adjustment?

And thank you :)

Didn't get a chance to see it so I'll ask the trans guy tomorrow. Sadly one would think that the guy would have said something if he thought the tranny was in need of a rebuild, especially since he thought my truck was badass, new of the problem, and test drove before and after... I hope he didn't blow me off...

What is the method and setting for TV adjustment?

And thank you :)

There's a clip you can adjust cable with on metal bracket. You want cable snug but not too tight or too loose on TB. Adjust in 1 notch increments and test. Good luck

Thanks man I'll give it a shot and report back.

Also, in discussion with my 7 year old son...

"Dad, cars and trucks have feelings like all living things. I think your truck is unhappy because of your pattern of slow and then fast and then slow again. So Dad, you have to go slow one day.. and then fast another so that it will not get confused cuz if you go slow/fast/slow/fast in one day... It'll get CONFUSED!"

Thanks man I'll give it a shot and report back.

Also, in discussion with my 7 year old son...

"Dad, cars and trucks have feelings like all living things. I think your truck is unhappy because of your pattern of slow and then fast and then slow again. So Dad, you have to go slow one day.. and then fast another so that it will not get confused cuz if you go slow/fast/slow/fast in one day... It'll get CONFUSED!"

He'll grow to be a fine young man. You tell him the worlds fastest 6 speed QC Viper Truck owner talks to his truck quite often. She's also praised after every win and consoled after every loss :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back