My Grill Idea

dizzle81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, please excuse the crappy microsoft paint version. Hopefully you get the idea. LMK what you guys think. I wanna paint the oem grill flat black and tape off the outline of the srt and make that red. I,ve had this idea in my head for a long time now.grill mock up3.jpg

The pic looks like mini blinds:dontknow:
After looking at it better and looking at my 10, I see that the black stripes are the chrome grill strips ---I think it will look good with a finished picture....I looked at my Dakotaalso, it is black and looks good...Go for it I say:rock:

Ha Ha from the pic it looks like something off of Mad Max!! But I understand what you want to do and I think it would look good....

I think it would look good! I think you can get billet grills that have less amount of space between the slats. It might make the "SRT" pop a little better that way. :dontknow:

I love it when folks try something DIFFERENT on their trucks... and not just act like a bunch of lemmings. ;) :D

i see it now.

at first it looked like a solid plate with slits cut in it, which would be neat & different.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Back in the day I had a 87 El Camino. I painted the stock chrome grill black. It made a big difference. Home made headlight cover too. :D Chop springs drop :rock:

n681916982_1584647_4042.jpg

I figured it would be plastic with that cheesy chome stuff on it. Planned on taking the hard road and sanding it all away.

A light scuff and the right paint will be fine. Why take it all the way down? :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back