My Last Brake Pad Thread...

Psycho Mythic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, i need some brake pads that dont squeal EVERY SINGLE TIME I PUSH THE BRAKES!!!! What kind of brake pads did you guys buy to get rid of this problem?

Yes, I am running these. I haven't had any squeaking for 1 1/2 years that I have had them on. Plus there is a lot less brake dust.

I talked with the guy before I got them. He was a great guy, and ships fast!

I also have not read anything bad about Zeckenhaus yet.

oh come on, must have been funny over the weekend. A line of trucks pulling up to a stop sign........ most of them squealing. :D

How would those compare to the EBC greens, and I assume we got alot of rotor to play with so we can also resurface if need be? I'm gonna need some pads soon and looks like a resurface is in order awsell. What about Hawk?

93000 miles on the truck...over 60000 with Zeckhausen's front rotors and pads/rear pads. No question when (if) these ever wear out I'll get them again. I went through a set of factory and EBC green previously as comparison.

brake pads

I have had 3 sets of pads on mine, stock, ebc yellow, and the current ceramics. ALL have had squealing. The only fix is to but a dab of synthetic grease where the retainers fit over the pads. this is metal to metal contact and is the squeal source. I have been toying with the idea of melting a substance like plastic, dipping the retainer ends in and installing. BTW the ceramics have much less brake dust than the stockers!

Any thoughts???

amtrucker22 said:
Yes, I am running these. I haven't had any squeaking for 1 1/2 years that I have had them on. Plus there is a lot less brake dust.

I talked with the guy before I got them. He was a great guy, and ships fast!

I also have not read anything bad about Zeckenhaus yet.
Im gonna trust ya on this one buddy, i may order them before the week is out:rock:

ebc greens. Squeaked very lightly the first week, until they settled in. Been fine ever since. Gottem' from the Stankster.:rock:

Kevan supports these pads... If you know anything about that guy, you wouldn't second guess the pads.

go to napa store and get the cheapest napa brand they have no squeak and hardly any dust. ran them on the qc for 2 years. no problems

eddie102870 said:
go to napa store and get the cheapest napa brand they have no squeak and hardly any dust. ran them on the qc for 2 years. no problems
and its the same ones zuekenhousen sales........ooops did i say that:argh:

Stinker said:
and its the same ones zuekenhousen sales........ooops did i say that:argh:

No you typed that :D Now I gotta go find a NAPA

walbert said:
No you typed that :D Now I gotta go find a NAPA
yessir i did, but I have to support my EBC's:D used them in racing for years, and they may not be perfect, and they may not be the quietest, or the longest lasting, but they are a great product, and i know when I need emergency stopping, they are there, and i dont have to worry.

this advertisement paid in full by jts venom performance, all liabilities lie within the purchaser and not the sellers responsibility:D

Back