My new exhaust

NSDQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BB LT headers, BB catless mids, MBRP dual exhaust. 1650* wrinkle black powdercoat on the entire exhaust. Forum member Hwmech (Zach) provided the shop and made the video and did most of the labor with me assisting and learning along the way. One tip for anyone who wants to coat their exhaust components...don't coat any of the areas that connect to other parts lol. Wrinkle powdercoat is like sandpaper texture and we found quickly that it causes parts to not want to mate up to one another. Luckily Zach's shop had air tools and grinders and he was able to smooth out those areas. All told it took us right about 12 hours start to finish. We hit a few snags along the way. We had a tough time getting the exhaust manifold gaskets to stay lined up while also keeping the headers lined up and getting the ARP bolts in so that they didn't get stripped or broken. The MBRP exhaust also for some strange reason was unequal length. One side was like 2 or 3 inches longer for some reason causing fitment issues so Zach had to cut a piece off to make them equal length and everything line up. At any rate, here's the video:

SRT 10 Ram Full MBRP Exhaust Billy Boat Headers - YouTube

Sounds good bro. Im about to try powersticks in my qc hope they sound good y'all

Can you let me know how they sound when your done? I was gona save for the snakebite exhaust, but a guy is selling 2 new powersticks at decent price that i was thinking about picking up. Trying to get a few bucks together now.

BB LT headers, BB catless mids, MBRP dual exhaust. 1650* wrinkle black powdercoat on the entire exhaust. Forum member Hwmech (Zach) provided the shop and made the video and did most of the labor with me assisting and learning along the way. One tip for anyone who wants to coat their exhaust components...don't coat any of the areas that connect to other parts lol. Wrinkle powdercoat is like sandpaper texture and we found quickly that it causes parts to not want to mate up to one another. Luckily Zach's shop had air tools and grinders and he was able to smooth out those areas. All told it took us right about 12 hours start to finish. We hit a few snags along the way. We had a tough time getting the exhaust manifold gaskets to stay lined up while also keeping the headers lined up and getting the ARP bolts in so that they didn't get stripped or broken. The MBRP exhaust also for some strange reason was unequal length. One side was like 2 or 3 inches longer for some reason causing fitment issues so Zach had to cut a piece off to make them equal length and everything line up. At any rate, here's the video:

SRT 10 Ram Full MBRP Exhaust Billy Boat Headers - YouTube

Get some drive bys and revs

Why MBRP cat-back after getting the rest of the exhaust top of the line BB?

That's because I didn't pay top of the line, got the whole system used for $1400 and threw another $450 worth of powdercoating and $300 labor to Hwmech for his time/expertise/shop, so $2150 for everything. But, to your point, had I been buying everything brand new, I would have gone with a BB catback. But I wasn't going to argue with paying $1400 for the whole setup when those headers brand new were like $1500 alone. At this particular moment I don't feel like ponying up over a grand just to add the BB catback. Maybe down the line.

Get some drive bys and revs

yep will do, probably next week. Hwmech and I are going to a car show in Nashville, so we'll probably meet up before or after and do some more videos, both outside the cab and in cab and put it all together. Plus that gives the exhaust more time to settle and let the tone level out to whatever tone it's going to be.

I still want to know how long it takes to burn off $450. dollars.:D:D:D I hope I'm wrong.

I havent messed with it other than this install but I know one thing i had a 40 grit sanding disk going at 15k rpms and it ate through two of them just cleaning the flanges off so that stuff is harder than any of the other paint ive taken off anything. it smoke a bit on the first startup but that stuff is pretty tough i doubt it will come off at all but maybe in a few places if it didnt get prepped well for the paint

the headers were coated pretty damn solid and so far so good on them and the rest of the exhaust. There's like 3 coats alone on the exhaust pieces so hopefully it lasts.

Sounds good, I think the tips stick out to much though, from that video angle.

My powder coater which also ceramic coated my headers told me to run mine through 3 heat cycles before driving it. Run it up to operating temp then let it cool down where you can touch headers 3x. Just my 2 cents

Sounds good, I think the tips stick out to much though, from that video angle.

yeah I agree and they do. Probably will go by an exhaust shop and see if they can bang them on there a little further closer to the bumper. May have to get another couple of inches of pipe cut off so they sit closer to the bumper, if not flush like the factory tips.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back