My new viper emblem

ramv10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the emblem for the car that has a slight curvature to it, didnt quite match the curvature of my hood so i had to slightly bend it.

IMG_20120303_014539.jpg

The myth was, if you bent it, it would shatter the glass in it. It wouldnt fit the 06 cause they are flat and different dimensions, and they werent bent enough for the '04-05.

Im astounded it worked that well, and looks that good. If i had known i would have done it years ago.

The red portion of the emblem where i was bending did start to wrinkle and deform, but not bad enough to break or crack the glass.

I used my drill press vise, wrapped the lower part of the emblem with cloth towels so I wouldn't scratch it & pushed the top part of the emblem slowly.

I mounted it on top of the base the ram head was originally on, that's why its not flush. Behind the base is basically a hole, I wanted more contact surface for the 3m tape.
IMG_20120303_014806.jpg

Very Nice

I used my drill press vise, wrapped the lower part of the emblem with cloth towels so I wouldn't scratch it & pushed the top part of the emblem slowly.

I mounted it on top of the base the ram head was originally on, that's why its not flush. Behind the base is basically a hole, I wanted more contact surface for the 3m tape.
IMG_20120303_014806.jpg

Sweet,thanks for the info:rock:,I was thinking of using a little bit of heat but was concerned on wrecking/discolouring the emblem,mine is yellow/chrome that is already pre-curved already but probably same as yours and will need a little more bend to it.:rock:

what size badge is that? is that the trunk one off a car? Looking at doing this as well and want to make sure I get the correct one to start.

nice i have 3 of them emblems on mine 1 on each door and 1 on tailgate....thats next on hood looks great!!

I'm trying to get some emblems like these for my 05, been looking and cant find any plus I don't want to wind up buying something of eBay or some place like that and they are nothing like what I really wanted, hoping someone on here knows of a good place to get these from. Thanks

My emblem is still good. After I bent it, I did put one layer of clear coat. Don't know if that helped, but no cracks so far.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back