My Off Roader

mopar_mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of vid of my truck, used to have a web site with a bunch of pictures but that is long gone.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLNnVXAfAq4]W350 Dodge 4 Wheel Drive Hill Climb - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPE0b1H5rUo]W350 Dodge 2 Wheel Drive Hill Climb - YouTube[/ame]

And some Pictures:

1.tif

11.tif

13.tif

16.tif

17.tif

18.tif

3.tif

9.tif

trucksontrailer.jpg

trucksontrailer2.jpg

I've seen your videos before! Truck sounds like it runs great. What are the specs on your 440?

It is a 440 bored .30 over
stock crank
Ported cast iron heads
2.14 Intakes
1.81 Exhaust
Performer RPM Intake
Competition Cam 285/285 advertise duration .562/.562 lift
Roller Lifters = Competition Cam heavy duty (solid)
10:1 compression
headers
that is the most of it.

Thats awesome man!!!!!!!! Sounds great!!! Sure beats the hell outta watching a suzuki or toyota doing it :D

One More:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waU7zc40AT4]W350 Dodge Pullin Down a Silo - YouTube[/ame]

How do you like the predator? I was thinking bout one for my jet boat

It is a learning curve carb, some people really hate them. The nick name in our little group is the "Toilet Bowl" carb, cause you basically flush em and watch the fuel go down! But when tuned right they are really pretty good, and their isn't much to tune. Power wise I think maybe I am leaving a little and the Holley could get me more. But for off road the thing is just great on hill and bumps where the holley would puke out all the time. The biggest problem I have is the leather back fire flaps on top of it dry out and curl so they don't make a good seal, this probably has more to do with not getting driven much then anything.

If I had te $$$$'s I would do EFI to have the best of both, but for rough off-road it is great, don't know about boats????? They are cold blooded untill you get it warmed up.

I've had problems with the holley crapping out when I jump wakes or spin the boat too hard, how is part throttle on that carb, I do a lot of cruising at about 3000rpm

I've seen predators that worked awesome and I've seen some that ran horribly. Maybe it's in the tuning?

My 440 loved the Holley on the street, but I could never make it work wheelin. Boats though, are a different matter: Justin, is that a marine carb on your boat? Are you using off road needle and seats?

I've seen predators that worked awesome and I've seen some that ran horribly. Maybe it's in the tuning?

My 440 loved the Holley on the street, but I could never make it work wheelin. Boats though, are a different matter: Justin, is that a marine carb on your boat? Are you using off road needle and seats?

I dunno, was running what was on it(750 vac secondaries), then one week on vacation at the lake it started running out of fuel anything over 2000rpm so I bought a 600(?) Holley from the parts store to get me through my vacation and the air cleaner stud backed out and took a trip through the engine second time out with the new carb. Engine is torn down now......:D gonna build it for more power this time, and probably need to go thru the jet drive anyway

Off road need seat, center float, extended bowl vents all will help a great deal on the Holley, I did all that on mine but it was still not perfect for off road. With the Predator you can mount it any direction you want so basically it will work good in any direction but could posibly be a problem in the direction the bowl is facing. Another words mine is facing forward so on a super steep down hill the fuel could move away from the pick up. They do make a bowl spacer to alow the bowl to carry more fuel to help that.

As far as jumping wakes I don't know. Their is alot of room in the bowl for fuel to move up, so it is possible in negative G's the fuel could all move up and off the pick-up.

Part throttle responce has never been an issue.

I think if you really want to run one and get the most out of it you need to tune it on a dyno. Basically their are two things you can change 1) the meetering cam that adjust how much fuel based on throttle position 2) Nozzle bar, can get one with bigger holes to alow more fuel.

They used to have a couple of really knowledgable guys on a forum on their web page, looks like it is gone.

Got the old Trailduster out of the shed. It's the wife's ride now, she had a blast playin in the mud.

10498035_327362967428874_7462614027852508802_o.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back