My Ported Manifolds

SergioL.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I didn"t want to spend $3K in the exhaust on a mostly stock truck like mine so I decided to give porting the manifolds a shot since I have read about others doing it. I recently also had the cats deleted at a local muffler shop, had #12568 Magnaflow installed and made my own mechanical O2 simulators. I'm probably going to make some custom stainless tips too.

Stock VS. Ported
000_0497.jpg

Ported:
000_0498.jpg

Stock:
000_0499.jpg

Ported:
000_0501.jpg

Stock:
000_0500.jpg

I also smoothed them down by grinding all the casting numbers off and shaving all the mounting points for the heat shields.

000_0502.jpg

000_0503.jpg

000_0504.jpg

Nice job!:rock: How hard was it? Porting my manifolds and cat delete are my next mods

It is not hard at all, just very time consuming. I have 3 afternoons in them so far. I would say it's a 2 day job. I would have ported and painted the other manifold today but it started raining. If the weather permits I should have everything re-installed tommorow. Only tips I can give are to buy new gaskets before starting this because the old ones fall apart and get yourself a bit like the one pictured below because it rips metal out FAST!

000_0510.jpg

I also smoothed down a ridge that is on the inside of the collectors:
000_0505.jpg

000_0508.jpg

000_0509.jpg

000_0507.jpg

Thanks guys. it stopped raining and I got back to work. I just finished porting the other manifold and I am in the middle of painting it. Smoothing down the outside is what takes a while.

000_0512.jpg

000_0511.jpg

The new gaskets were $80 and the paint was $20. I already had the tools necessary for the job. The manifolds are now lighter, better looking, and should flow better than stock. For the money I doubt if shorty headers have little to any gain over this. Installed pics are coming tommorow. If anybody needs some heat shields just make an offer, bolts included.

Last edited:
They look great, would be interested in the sound and performance difference.

Just did the test drive. For the first few miles I could smell the paint from inside the cab, but surprisingly the header paint held up. I am sold on this stuff from now on. I have always used regular paint on headers and it burns off immediaitely. The throttle response is noticeably better. It's hard to tell if the exhaust note changed since I just did the other exhaust mods last week and I have only owned the truck about a month. But, it sounds just a little louder than stock and I like that it doesn't sound like a V6. You can REALLY here the intake sucking in air. I did a WOT 1st-2nd run and it spun like never before. It used to hook in first and bark going into second, I had to shift early into second because it was spinning so much.

sweet i did the set on mine for kicks, used por-15 paint on them.

Very Nice.........

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back