my project viper progress

ctsrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some of you may know i picked up a 98 viper gts coupe. and its a mess i spent the pass few days in my garaged wet sanding polishing cleaning and fixing misc crap while i wait for parts to come in. i got this car pretty cheap from a 70 year old man. who told me he bought it from tire rack in la i dont know if its true or not but he told me is was a poster car for them& and it was a 2001(the car is a 98)he has a 2001 vette.
so far i taking off the ssr wheels to put them aside for track use and picked up a set of 99 wheels from a friend of mine,my buddy tinted the windows,i picked up some ebc brakes and rotors from work,intake from jmb(used).
put a new oil pan on(old was cracked). Im working on the rear diff and adding a diff cooler. i have to re powder coat the covers and other items but i idk if i should do red again or do blue to match the stripes.
HERE ARE MY PICS OF WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE FOLLOWED BY A FEW CLEAN UP SHOTS
IMG00148-20090226-1709.jpg

IMG00147-20090226-1709.jpg

IMG00146-20090226-1709.jpg

IMG00159-20090228-1430.jpg

IMG00160-20090228-1430.jpg

IMG00156-20090227-1734.jpg

CLEAN
Viper6.jpg

Viper8.jpg

man that thing looks great!!:rock: thats some crazy before and afters!!! why were the headers and intake tubing off?

dude hes in his mid 60's that much i can say. he kept tell me he gonna be pushing up flowers and i want the car to go to a good home and get used ect ect i felt bad but i wanted the car. im gonna try to start it in a little bit im eating my dinner now and typing this up call me up you got my number. im gonna turn it some more by hand drop some plugs in and try to get the mess of wires in order and pray it starts and makes no noise in the block.

tsmith3 said:
Blue would look sick on the Motor :rock:
Todd whats up with the truck in nj(vca) i see he changed the pics did you buy i havent read the thread so p.m the details.

ctsrt10 said:
im gonna turn it some more by hand drop some plugs in and try to get the mess of wires in order and pray it starts and makes no noise in the block.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

mysrt10 said:
man that thing looks great!!:rock: thats some crazy before and afters!!! why were the headers and intake tubing off?
headers are still on it the headers sitting on the tires arnt for that car :dontknow: as far as the intake i have no clue why there off ,broken and some pieces missing time will only tell

i had him move all the shit, witch was two car in front of it, my buddys peterbuilt 330 flatbed w a dove tail so it lays low to the ground and a pair of go jacks to roll it it was a pda

Great find!
I am very impressed and wish I had the knowledge to due a clean up/rebuild as you are. Looks like you found a diamond in the rough

Paul
Doing an outstanding Job Bud as always .....

The car ROCKS .......... Hope the motor is good to you.

Jim

im getting ready to attemp to fire it off i just got a new red top for it and i had to grab a few more mobils 10-40 and some oreos and milk. wish me luck.

well shes runs and man is it loud, the bitch arcoss the way called the cops so they where here. but i have some problems few vaccum leaks the tranny is real stiff in 2nd gear(i will change fuild tommorow) and the rear is making some nosie on the left side im goin to pull it apart, hopefully my brakes will be here. ebc and some two piece rotors along with my quaife so the rear was coming a part anyways. other then that it runs not the smoothist but it runs. im gonna run some injector clean through it if i can barrow my friends mechine to run the chem through it. drop the oil and have it tested. ill post pics of the progress.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

does any one know of a good thottle body i can buy remember mine is a gen two so she has two. they seem to be gummed up and have some tarnish on them so i want completes and would like to go aftermarket then to atemp to clean these guys there that bad well one aleast is

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back