My Southbend clutch experience...

flchub said:
how much is this clutch and what horsepower is it rated for

Mine is a Stage II Furamic/Organic, and cost $650...kit includes clutch, pressure plate, alignment tool, release bearing. I believe it has 200% more clamping power than the stocker. It sticks! Not sure on the horsepower rating....maybe HaulinAsp would know.

I glad it has worked out... How is the exhaust coming? I am sure that this clutch thing has set you back some. :(

Lee's Performance...a local performance shop here in Panama. He's just starting his shop up, so I thought I'd throw him a bone. He does really good work. He made he a really nice custom 3" X-pipe. :rock:

SRTcracka said:
Well, I guess it's time for me to eat a shit sandwhich...

It seems that most of the problems I have encountered, have been due to inexperience and mistakes made from myself in the installation process, and that of no fault of the clutch, or the cluch manufacturer South Bend clutch. Although I did have some customer service concerns with South Bend, like Pete said, you must remember that they are a clutch manufacturing company, not a performance shop. My apologies to South Bend and to HaulinAsp. Mmmm..that was a good sandwhich. :D

Tore the tranny out today and the clutch looked great, as well as all the bearings. I went ahead and changed the pilot bearing since a had everything out, but the old one looked fine. I'm not sure what the noise was I was hearing, but it doesn't seem to be hurting anything. The original clutch/slave may have made the same noises, and I just never noticed. :dontknow: :dontknow: Or I may be just over anal. :D

Either way, the clutch is working very well now. It is now driving and shifting like it did before the change out, and it also holds very well too....no slippage whatsoever. I am very pleased with Southbend clutch at this point. :rock: :rock:

There are three things that I did different this time that I believe helped get everyting back on track.

-ensured the alignment of the clutch using a specialty alignment tool. I bought this from Pep Boys...it lined up the clutch much better than the plastic one included in the kit.

-took more time bleeding the slave cylinder, and ensured there were no air pockets...this is extremely important...I know, common sense right. :idea:

-went to Royal Purple Syncromax, instead of Mobile One Synthetic ATF, which I guess some have used with good success. I wasnt so happy with it myself.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: How many miles do you have on the Stage II so far???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back