My SRT-10 Experience as DD Winter vehicle [Chicago]

SchuettS said:
Probably the dirtiest srt-10 ive seen in a while.. :D Id cry.. haha

I do believe that FlChub has met his match !!!! If that were my truck,I'd be dieing,that's for sure !!! Not that my truck doesn't get dirty,'cause it does,but that would kill me for sure !!! Shhhh,don't tell the wife,I'm worth more dead than alive !!!!:(

6pakattack said:
I do believe that FlChub has met his match !!!! If that were my truck,I'd be dieing,that's for sure !!! Not that my truck doesn't get dirty,'cause it does,but that would kill me for sure !!! Shhhh,don't tell the wife,I'm worth more dead than alive !!!!:(
I quess we will find out if thats true when Peg sees the bill for the hood!:D

6pakattack said:

Dude, it rained last week....It was much worse before. :D

Man! I get upset if it rains while I'm out and about.:mad:

Picture038.jpg

vvv90 said:
My other car is an '06 300C SRT-8 with an open diff and traction control.
:D
Open Diff in an SRT-8???????:dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:

That doesn't sound right to me. Was limited-slip an option or something?:dontknow:

vvv90 said:
Yeah well....This truck is my beater. :D Lucky me.

This is nasty though isn't it.

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

yeah that really sucks.But hey, your spinning your wheels in style.
Now go clean that sucka!!:D :D :D

Hamrhead said:
Open Diff in an SRT-8???????:dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:

That doesn't sound right to me. Was limited-slip an option or something?:dontknow:

It may not "sound" right, but unfortunately it is.

Open Diff on ALL SRT-8's equipped vehicles is the only choice we get (holding the Jeep of course with AWD.)

No option.

The LX crowd is patiently waiting for the Challenger to have the next line of vehicles equipped with the T56 from the Viper and a 3.92 limited slip diff.

You can get a Quaiffe LSD aftermarket if you have a spare ~$2400 burning a hole in your pocket.

vvv90 said:
It may not "sound" right, but unfortunately it is.

Open Diff on ALL SRT-8's equipped vehicles is the only choice we get (holding the Jeep of course with AWD.)

No option.

The LX crowd is patiently waiting for the Challenger to have the next line of vehicles equipped with the T56 from the Viper and a 3.92 limited slip diff.

You can get a Quaiffe LSD aftermarket if you have a spare ~$2400 burning a hole in your pocket.

Wow - I did not know that. Definitely sucks azz in this day and age!:dontknow:

kyle's srt10 said:
This thread should be titled TRUCK ABUSE :( :D

Call somebody and turn him in!:D
That's the biggest reason I won't drive mine in winter unless I absolutely had to and havn't so far.:) Once the snow w/salt hits, impossible to keep more than 50% clean (mainly because of black). Hard enough in summer, but usually not easily noticable from a few feet or more away.

I live in the elements of snow and salt also,but my truck has been parked since Nov. and will be till end of March early April. I just hate the excessive salt cleaning and repainting under the truck ( CANT stand RUST!!) but If thats all ya got guess ya gotta drive it!

Yellow venom 366 said:
( CANT stand RUST!!) but If thats all ya got guess ya gotta drive it!
That's true and why most of the guys driving them in the crud do, is because it has to be there DD for one reason or another. Luckily, :) I can keep mine out of it because I have something else to drive in winter. If I could only afford 1 vehicle, it unfortunely would not be an SRT10.

MYTRAM said:
If I could only afford 1 vehicle, it unfortunely would not be an SRT10.

And that certainly is NOT my situation.

It drives great in the winter snow.

She passed the test. I'm keeping her my DD.

Hamrhead said:
Wow - I did not know that. Definitely sucks azz in this day and age!:dontknow:

Traction control still allows for power to both wheels during burnouts or drag racing.

Take even the slightest turn and things change. :(

BTW: In all fairness, the 2+ year newer BMW 335i twin turbo also has an open diff.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back