My trucks 1st car show this weekend

SchuettS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like the title says, this weekend will be the first time the truck will be in a car show. The parade is tonight at 6:30 :rock: , the show is tmr. I spent about 6 hrs cleaning, washing and waxing the beast. It looks like it just got a fresh coat of paint, for the last hour Ive been walking around staring at it. :D I dont have my camera on me right now but Ill get pics this weekend.

Another thing, for the last cpl weeks I noticed a squeek coming from under the hood. Sounded almost like the belt. Well today I checked the crank pulley bolt and it was very loose. :mad: (fyi, i used a 13/16 12 pt socket). I snugged it up pretty good but does anyone have the torque specs for it? should the bolt be taken out and coated with threadlocker? My 04 RC has 6500 miles, still a baby.

thanks guys/ gals

Have a good weekend!

FATJACK said:
I would pull it and use threadlocker.

Will the pulley stay in place without the bolt so i can put some threadlocker on it?

Begood said:
Where is the car show?

Bill.

Manistique.. Its in the U.P. of michigan. Population of 6,000, but its a tourist town. Kind of a small car show.

I am quite familiar with the UP. I was just wondering which town. I'm not that far away.

Bill.

Will the pulley stay in place without the bolt so i can put some threadlocker on it?
yes...mine was finger tight too! glad you caught it in time, this is a pretty common problem with the04s'. could have been disastrous!

Stupid me, I forgot my camera.. so didnt get many pics of the car show. There were probably 100 + cars there, our biggest turn out yet. I was in the 1960s and later stock truck class. I didnt get anything.. lol oh well. My truck looked amazing, I got TONS of compliments. Half the ppl just thought there was a hemi under the hood :D . There were two viper cars in the show, both owners were very nice. Only one in the parade, the other owner was worried about overheating.. my truck did just fine. I also talked to another guy with a mint older gen ford lightening, very nice fellow. I got a cpl pics of my buddies challenger with my iphone, hes been working on it for 10 years now. It looked great, didnt care much for the metallic paint but it was a stunner.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 48
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 43
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 42
Its not only about the winning (save that for the drags :) )
The shows are for just that, showing what ya got and meeting new people. :beer:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back