My wife's new toy......

VPRPWRD

VTCoA Ring Leader
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 with 9k miles on it. I wasn't going to buy it but it was too good of a deal to pass up. Enough typing here are a few pictures.

iphone197_zps2e1bcc56.jpg

iphone105_zps444a3da1.jpg

iphone104_zps5dec4b9b.jpg

iphone102_zps337d5515.jpg

iphone096_zpsf33b7931.jpg

iphone095_zps67c921d8.jpg

iphone094_zpse683b4ca.jpg

I will get some better pics posted with the real camera and not my phone.

The real question is, how does it run compared to the '10?

much slower, much less traction, but it's wayyyyy more comfortable to drive.

Very interesting! My experience's were almost the exact opposite. I find the '10 more comfortable and more traction limited. I also felt that from a roll, the 8's pulled almost as hard as the '10.

BTW, can you tell I am jealous? :D

Very interesting! My experience's were almost the exact opposite. I find the '10 more comfortable and more traction limited. I also felt that from a roll, the 8's pulled almost as hard as the '10.

BTW, can you tell I am jealous? :D

No I can't.....maybe a little bit. :D I think the tires are just old on the 8 and they spin very easily. The tires on the 10 were replaced right before I bought it so they are still fairly new.

Nice man, it should run almost dead even with your truck. My wife has gotten a best of 13.05 and usually runs 13.3-13.4

Nice car, I'd have to disagree with you on being much slower. Diablosport tuner is the best way to go for a hand held, FYI.

It just feels slower to me. Maybe it's because it's quiet compared to the truck. Loud means fast right?? :D

Nice man, it should run almost dead even with your truck. My wife has gotten a best of 13.05 and usually runs 13.3-13.4

It's pretty much your fault that I bought it, just saying..... :D

I had that same car, just different color. A few things I can tell you, GET the diablosport tuner and run the 93 octane tune. After that it will be an entirely different animal. I did a Mopar CAI and it sounded amazing. As for exhaust, I had about three different combos until I landed on running straight pipes that dumped into single chamber race mufflers right before the rear bumper, and it sounded BAD ASS, very little hwy drone. This car is a heavy SOB in turns. One of the best things I ever did was lower it, but theres a catch. The rear shocks are load leveling shocks called Nivomats, so if you just put in drop springs, it still wont lower it, you have to use shocks from a non-SRT 300C or go for the expensive coilovers. I also put a tower strut bar in the engine bay and after that it handled like a go-cart. When mine was running at the top of her game, people were amazed that such a heavy car could be so quick. Also, after I took that side moulding off it looked SO much cleaner. Unfortunately, she is no longer with me. RIP SRT8. Theres a few pics in my album. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Much slower? No way.
Like Rick said, slap a tune on it and it'll wake that bitch up!!

I'd like to run the truck against it from a roll since the 300 just spins from a dead stop.

I had that same car, just different color. A few things I can tell you, GET the diablosport tuner and run the 93 octane tune. After that it will be an entirely different animal. I did a Mopar CAI and it sounded amazing. As for exhaust, I had about three different combos until I landed on running straight pipes that dumped into single chamber race mufflers right before the rear bumper, and it sounded BAD ASS, very little hwy drone. This car is a heavy SOB in turns. One of the best things I ever did was lower it, but theres a catch. The rear shocks are load leveling shocks called Nivomats, so if you just put in drop springs, it still wont lower it, you have to use shocks from a non-SRT 300C or go for the expensive coilovers. I also put a tower strut bar in the engine bay and after that it handled like a go-cart. When mine was running at the top of her game, people were amazed that such a heavy car could be so quick. Also, after I took that side moulding off it looked SO much cleaner. Unfortunately, she is no longer with me. RIP SRT8. Theres a few pics in my album. Best of luck!

Thanks for the heads up! I'm not sure what mod path it will take if any.

My Wifes New Toy,

With a title like that I was expecting to see a pic of a strap on so she could give you some lovin in your manjina LOLOLOLOL

My Wifes New Toy,

With a title like that I was expecting to see a pic of a strap on so she could give you some lovin in your manjina LOLOLOLOL

That's way too much information about your relationship with your wife, IMO.

My Wifes New Toy,

LOL! You are sick! :D I would never share that.... I mean we don't do that.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back