N/A limit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mopar-or-no-car, Nov 2, 2013.

Car Parts
  1. mopar-or-no-car

mopar-or-no-car Full Access Member

Who and witch trucks or coupes are/ have pushed the NA limit?....I think a NA monster would be bad ass...Knowing a little what LA V10 costs to build, i just wonder after wet sleeves, stroker assembly, race/ worked strikers if it would be cheaper to just go with a basic forged lower and TT or a Procharger :dontknow: :dontknow:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  2. 505'sFastestViper.

505'sFastestViper. Full Access Member

Trainmen is the only one that I can think of tht is getting real serious.

Dom
    Undefeated on the Internet

3. Yellow venom

Yellow venom Boosted Venom Supporting Member

I know a guy that just had a 960RWHP engine built with GTSR block and the best of everything possable! He spent........................................(have a seat everyone).............................................................................................................................................$130K .........................YES $130K!!!!!

I think this guy has the fastest NA Viper out there,I cant remember his last name,but first name is John.

4. VenomTruck

VenomTruck Full Access Member

To hell with that…130k? Even if I had BlueBird money I wouldnt do that. Its crazy what people will spend on these motors to make power when you could easily have an LS for a fraction of the cost that makes the same power AND be more reliable. I have thought about doing all this crazy shit to my truck but its obvious that no matter how much money you dump into it…its still a dodge pickup. If you wanna really do some ass-hauling, drop a blown LS into a small import.

5. NVR2OLD

NVR2OLD VTCoA Senior Member

To make a brick go fast is only limited to the amount of $$$$ your willing to spend.:burnout:

6. BigRed460

BigRed460 Full Access Member

I have a 53k quote from eed from two years ago, they said it would make 1,000 hp(12:1) on pump or 1,300 on c-16 (14.5:1).

Yes boosted hp is way cheaper, n/a power is nice if you can afford to build it. Any boosted motor is going to lose more power as it heat soaks, and is way more affected by da and air temp.

7. mopar-or-no-car

Thats actually cheap for 1000 na hp...

8. caveman

caveman Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've talked to a couple builders about this and the consensus seems to be that NA costs much more than boosted, per HP. Out of the top 10 quickest SRT10's, only one was a H/C build. There are a couple others that are NA on spray, but I'm not sure if that addresses your initial question?

I disagree with he last part. A boosted engine should be less effected by DA.

9. mopar-or-no-car

Im just rolling the idea around my lil nugget.....id be doing the assembly, machine work would be cheap for me....So really the biggest cost would be the heads and rotating assembly...Id prob just stroke it with a clean up/mild bore, being that is no cake walk putting sleeves in aluminum..Id still make less HP vs TT or a procharger , but i think i could make some killer hp for a lot less coin...

10. BigRed460

BigRed460 Full Access Member

So in a drag race zr-1 vs acr viper, you would think the zr-1 would have more of an advantage at higher elevation?

Or are you talking about the fact that most boosted motor can just turn the boost up to recover the lost da?

11. mopar-or-no-car

And who said shit bout goin fast down the drag strip....Ill have my drag truck done before i start modding my 10, the 10 is and always will be just something to grab the groceries in!!As much as i love respect and admire thoes making our bricks go fast down the strip its just not for me, id rather cheat and start with 2800#:):)

12. VENOMOUS1 RACING

VENOMOUS1 RACING Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!

Remember these builder HP quotes are engine HP, not rwhp therefore there's nothing crazy about a high compression, high flowing V-10 putting down 800 rwhp on a nasty race gas only build. Money is on par for the parts. Your heads will be a major cost as will machining and forged assembly. Likely o-ringed heads, lighter bottom end, billet crank/caps, the whole 9! :burnout:

13. caveman

caveman Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Great analogy. That is exactly what I am saying. I would think that if you took those two cars, stock, and ran them both at Bandimere, the ZR1 would be a lot quicker. Am I correct?

14. fastestbrickonearth

fastestbrickonearth Full Access Member

Yup da on na it is the most critical

15. BlackMamba50

BlackMamba50 #10pistonkilla Supporting Member

16. hawk02

hawk02 Full Access Member

There you go, less than 1/3 the cost and built by the people who designed the engine, surprised more guys don't go this route. ...

17. SRT10VENOMOUS

SRT10VENOMOUS 1800HP Club. And climbing Supporting Member

Yep, There is a chap in Toronto that has been built by my na builder who put down around 875rwhp, with i think he said around 80+k in the motor as well.

18. Trainman

Trainman Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I plan on being half that price in my build, still be streetable on 11:1 compression, and shooting for around 700 rwhp on 91 octane....in my 4100 lb truck......should be fun. I'm at $6955 so far ($1755 ARH Headers, $1000 Gen IV bare heads, $2700 Gen IV intake with twin 80mm TB's, and $1500 porting labor on the heads) I still need to pay for valves, rockers, pistons, rods, cam and assembly including machine work. It's adding up but hopefully not too far above $20000 ($13,000 to go). Wish me luck.

19. SRT10VENOMOUS

SRT10VENOMOUS 1800HP Club. And climbing Supporting Member

The big boys in the NA world do billet blocks and cranks and all sorts of Fun stuff. That's how you blow past 80k real quick.

20. mopar-or-no-car

What would we do without you knowledge ken? :):):):)