NANO nitrous

bclark05

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else read about the new nitrogen assisted nitrous oxide(NANO). I read about it in this months Hot Rod mag. Sounds like a great system, and cheap for the gains. It uses a seperate nitrogen bottle, 1450 psi. pressure to keep the nitrous bottle pressurized. You have to change out the pick up on your bottle and plumb the line from the nitrogen bottle into it. They say it keeps the flow of nitrous consistant and the A/F doesn't change durring
the whole run.:burnout: Just a heads up to the ones that are running nitrous blocks Tooloe and others.:burnout:

www.nanonitrous.com Read the same article. Company is right here in KS. I have a friend with a Chevelle that runs a 300 shot. He is looking into it. I'll let him try it first. Sounds like a great idea. Need to see if anyone around here can fill the bottles.

spydertt said:
www.nanonitrous.com Read the same article. Company is right here in KS. I have a friend with a Chevelle that runs a 300 shot. He is looking into it. I'll let him try it first. Sounds like a great idea. Need to see if anyone around here can fill the bottles.

Filling the bottles shouldnt be to hard.. i use nitrogen for my paintball tanks, i go to scubba supply shops or anywhere that fills air tanks

hcetzneb said:
Filling the bottles shouldnt be to hard.. i use nitrogen for my paintball tanks, i go to scubba supply shops or anywhere that fills air tanks
Thats what they said in the article, fill at a scubba shop or hobbie shop.

scoobert said:
wouldnt the nitrogen get into the n2o tank? is it an issue as n2 is nonflammable?

FYI, Nitrous is not flammable either. it mearly is condensed oxygen (at cold temps) and at higher temps breaks down...which in turns allows you to dump more fuel into the combustion chamber for added HP...the Nano setup allows nitrogen to be pumped in to the N2O bottle, but it rises to the top (as it is lighter) and forces the nitrous downward to your pickup tube...i am curious to know how you are supposed to know when you out of nitrous, as the gauge should and will always read high pressures...and if you spray long enough and runout...nitrogen will be entering the combustion chamber? affects? sounds like you and I have some of the same concerns...

You cant add more oxygen than the current N20 mix, it would be a cutting torch as soon as you hit the button, i.e. instant explosion. I cant remember the exact #'s, I want to say our normal air is about 21% oxygen and N20 is about 36% which is where the extra power comes from.
Justin

You put a full Nano bottle on with a full nitrous bottle. On the 4500lb system when the pressure reaches 1000lb you have 1lb of nitrous left. The company said they have not had any problems if you run out of nitrous unless you are running a staged set-up. If you run out of nitrous if properly tuned it will run rich without the extra oxygen the nitrous adds. They make a 3000lb kit for $299 it weighs 15.8 lbs. The 4500lb kit is $499 and weighs 6.4lbs.
If somebody buys me one I'll test it for you.

hmmm... think i will let someone else try this first on a truck and let them break something lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back