Narrow front end

barn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to reduce the width of the front end on my 2005 SRT-10 / International.
The International is around 6 1/2" narrower so the wheels are sticking out too much, I need to get the wheels under the fenders and thought maybe someone might make narrow control arms ?
If any one has any ideas or has carried out any mods like this I would love to know, I am trying to keep the fenders the factory width.

Different offset wheels might help a lil
Once you start changing the length of control arms you will shane the suspension geometry drastically.
And at that point you would be better off starting from scratch.
It just doing s really narrow front wheel

Dom is right, if you were just looking for an inch and a half or 2 inches you could do the wheels but I don't see 6" happening

Looks like I will be doing a combination of making the fenders wider and altering the wheels.
I need to go low !:D

Bring suspension mounts inboard (relocate) by narrowing frame up front? A few inches per side shouldn't be hard? Then use factory suspension. Changing to shorter tie rods/rack and shortening sway bar are a couple things I think of but otherwise doesn't seem impossible. You don't want to change suspension geometry like Dom said.

The tires stick out of the fenders about 2" on each side. I really wanted the wheels to sit in more, thats why I was talking about 6".
I have been in touch with a company that can reduce the width of the 20" steel wheels, I am using the spare wheels that come on the SRT's, but I am not sure narrow wheels will be enough.

Even if you narrow the wheels it won't change the offset so they stick out the same, the 2" would come out of the rear

The guy said he can change the offset to what I want, I think they remove the wheel centre and the put in in a thinner band at the required offset.

I need to reduce the width of the front end on my 2005 SRT-10 / International.
The International is around 6 1/2" narrower so the wheels are sticking out too much, I need to get the wheels under the fenders and thought maybe someone might make narrow control arms ?
If any one has any ideas or has carried out any mods like this I would love to know, I am trying to keep the fenders the factory width.

Try Michigan Metal works, they have all sorts of stuff that you could possibly use to narrow the front end.

I would not Change the width of the rear wheels but look for a different Offset. If possible i would even make the rears wider, as your Project will possibly weigh less than an SRT and traction is always a Problem with this powerplant.

Hey guys don't forget I'm in the UK parts are pretty hard to come across.
The company charges $80 per wheel.
I Will only be changing the front wheels.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back