Need a GOOD parts guy

Alberta-SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have moved from Alberta down to Atlanta. What I'm trying to do is find out what gauge cluster I need to convert my 2008 Dakota from Kilometers to Miles.
Went to a couple dealers and they are clueless. When I tell them what I want they look at me like a Deer in the Headlights.
All they will do is search parts by the VIN number. That will NOT work, I want a US gauge cluster not a Canadian one.
So when I tell them that it won't work like that, they won't even look it up. Finally I gave them my VIN and of course my truck comes up as an export vehicle. "Sorry we can't get Export parts."
I DON'T WANT EXPORT PARTS DAMMIT. I want a US gauge cluster for a 2008 Dakota SLT. The dealers can't figure out what I need. Fricken idiots.

Can anybody help?

Look around for a totaled 08 dakota at junk yards...Hell if you find one ask for the vin and order it like that....You can try calling my buddy Paul @ 715-479-8597. Salvage yard is called Don Scharf Automotive in Eagle River, WI

Or just get on a Dakota forum and see if someone will hook you up with there vin.... I don't know just a thought??

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back