need a pre-filter for volant 16083

TUGBOAT TRASH

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:dontknow: :) any help from you guys would be appreciated been looking for a while cant locate one. volant pre-filter 16083 thats the kit # but dont have the part # for the pre-filter.

TUGBOAT TRASH said:
:dontknow: :) any help from you guys would be appreciated been looking for a while cant locate one. volant pre-filter 16083 thats the kit # but dont have the part # for the pre-filter.

Do you ever push on the Arkansas River?....oh Welcome to the best forum on the net...:)

Walt

nope never been there before.im use to working in ny harbor most the time but i am sailing now around houston to new orleans and in between for right now.thanks for the welcome.

begood it just goes over the tapered filter to give a little added security from excessive water coming in through the hood scoop in heavy rain.etc.

does anybody have any input on this and think its necessary the company recommends its.i was thinking about extending the hood scoop some so it would get more airflow.any input on that thanks again guys

I have a K&N CAI on one of my vehicles, I wanted to buy a pre-filter for it to keep bugs out of the pleats. But it was both hard to find one and expensive for what you get. What I ended up doing was just using a pantyhose stocking. Works great, doesn't restrict airflow, keeps the bugs out, cheap, never have to wash it, disposable. Might want to just give that a try.

depending on the shape of the aircleaner a pair of your wifes pantyhose will do :D

hey guys really apreciate you help.thanks for the info hopefully i can return the gesture in the near future.thanks again

Hi guys the part number for the prefilter is 51908

thanks for the info joe.i ended up using some panty hose put over the filter,but still waitng to locate the pre-filter.everybody's out of them,but i aint in a hurry im back at work and wont get to drive my truck for a month...sob...sob.so hopefulley it will be in when i get home.thanks for the help again guys

Back