Need Advice about gear swap

HOT RAM said:
I wish I had the chance to drive each before deciding,but that isn't likely to happen.Anything has got be better than the 4.10's !!!!!!!!!!Maybe next year I will try the 4.88's !!!!!!!!

Dude you said it!!! Anything is better than the 4.10's!!!! There is no right or wrong answer here, 4.56 and 4.88 are great gears for this truck.

I mulled over it for 2 months............everybody was sick of my :dontknow: indecisioness!!! LOL

patrick

I remember that well.I had a very difficult time deciding and took several different friends advice to use the 4.56's.If I feel that I need them,the 4.88's will go in next summer.I think the shifting "a lot" swayed me more than anything.Will keep you posted about the 4.56's.

If my math were good enough I would have liked to work out the percentages of increase in all the gears and the percentage of difference from 4.10 to 4.56 to 4.88.

HOT RAM said:
If my math were good enough I would have liked to work out the percentages of increase in all the gears and the percentage of difference from 4.10 to 4.56 to 4.88.

4.10 to 4.56 is a 12% difference....not sure about 4.88.

patrick

One ratio up isn't worth the trouble in my opinion. I really enjoy my 4.88's. Recommend it for a low mileage toy. 11.2 & 19% increase respectively.

Last edited:
mauiSRT/10 said:
Dude you said it!!! Anything is better than the 4.10's!!!! There is no right or wrong answer here, 4.56 and 4.88 are great gears for this truck.

I mulled over it for 2 months............everybody was sick of my :dontknow: indecisioness!!! LOL

patrick

I'm just sick of that 13.5 @ 104 in your sig. Get back to the track and IM-prove it Doooode!!!!:rock:

That's cool - You'll love that too!!:rock:

Best part is you DON'T have to break that in!!:D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back