Need advice for an Air-Fuel Guage and A Pillar

Rice Eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I am installing a Zex system on the truck. I am looking for an air to fuel guage with a digital readout....nothing too crazy though... trying to keep the cost down. Also....I want to mount it in a location that will be easy to keep an eye on when hitting the bottle so nothing too low. I would think an A pillar would be a good bet. Do they have A pillars for our trucks with only two cutouts so i could put in the new A/F guage and keep the stock oil temp guage? I appreciate your experience/knowledge.

Just get a triple gauge and get a NOS pressure gauge too....Are you gonna get the bottle heater,opener, purge, etc? I think Patrick has a whole NX kit....maybe he would sell it to you....ask him

Rice Eater said:
Ok so I am installing a Zex system on the truck. I am looking for an air to fuel guage with a digital readout....nothing too crazy though... trying to keep the cost down. Also....I want to mount it in a location that will be easy to keep an eye on when hitting the bottle so nothing too low. I would think an A pillar would be a good bet. Do they have A pillars for our trucks with only two cutouts so i could put in the new A/F guage and keep the stock oil temp guage? I appreciate your experience/knowledge.

Hey Rice....

Quicksilver has a 2 gauge pod on top of his steering column....DC performance has one in stock.....

Blakewilder said:
Just get a triple gauge and get a NOS pressure gauge too....Are you gonna get the bottle heater,opener, purge, etc? I think Patrick has a whole NX kit....maybe he would sell it to you....ask him

Why does Patrick have a Nos kit....why isn't he using it...:D ?

Nowwhat said:
Hey Rice....

Quicksilver has a 2 gauge pod on top of his steering column....DC performance has one in stock.....
:rock:
198882.jpg

194631.jpg

215717.jpg

.............. and the way they look today, same holder, but up-graded gauges.

246503.jpg

Quick

Last edited:
damn quick.....I like them!!!!!!! Loooks tighttt! I am getting a bottle pressure guage which can serve as my second guage for that cluster....Anyone got this scenario on an apilar? What about brand on a Wideband a/f guage?

Rice Eater said:
damn quick.....I like them!!!!!!! Loooks tighttt! I am getting a bottle pressure guage which can serve as my second guage for that cluster....Anyone got this scenario on an apilar? What about brand on a Wideband a/f guage?

I personally like the look of the analog Autometer gauges....like the 1st set that Quick had....but everyone says these FJOs are incredible so that is what I went with....

As far as A/F and your Nitrous...keep this in mind as you are watcking the gauge and you go lean...and then you let off the juice trigger...it will be too late....

I am tying my NO2 system into the A/F sensor the Computer will cut the juice BEFORE a lean out....costs an extra $1000.00...but may save you....:dontknow:

i like the digital FJO gauges.....looks nice.

Hey Mike....I think the NOS came off of his Rumble bee....he doesnt wanna use it cuz it makes motors go boom!

Blakewilder said:
i like the digital FJO gauges.....looks nice.

Hey Mike....I think the NOS came off of his Rumble bee....he doesnt wanna use it cuz it makes motors go boom!

that kind of thinking will never get him a crown......:D

Nowwhat said:
I personally like the look of the analog Autometer gauges....like the 1st set that Quick had....but everyone says these FJOs are incredible so that is what I went with....

As far as A/F and your Nitrous...keep this in mind as you are watcking the gauge and you go lean...and then you let off the juice trigger...it will be too late....

I am tying my NO2 system into the A/F sensor the Computer will cut the juice BEFORE a lean out....costs an extra $1000.00...but may save you....:dontknow:

I hear you....but to install NOS without an A/F guage sounds ludacris.....no?

At least I will be able to see where I am at running w/out NOS on stock tune and have some idea what kind of a shot it can handle.

Rice Eater said:
I hear you....but to install NOS without an A/F guage sounds ludacris.....no?

At least I will be able to see where I am at running w/out NOS on stock tune and have some idea what kind of a shot it can handle.

I dunno.....I am putting an A/F gauge in....but honestly if the computer shuts me down...I don't know why I need it...:D ....I am really just putting them in cuz Muai (Patrick) wants me to...

Oil Temp
Boost
Air/Fuel Ratio (wideband)

Art has the tri-pillar mount. Easy install and closely matches interior.
Boomer has an A/F ratio wide band setup.

Personally, I wouldn't run NOS without an A/F ratio gauge.

Attachments

• dcp_3659.jpg
    dcp_3659.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 42
Nowwhat said:
that kind of thinking will never get him a crown......:D

My crown is waking up in the morning with my family around me :rock: :D

If nitrous is done correctly, it can be very beneficial, but the key is doing it correctly! 1 stuck solenoid, or 1 wrong glitch and you are running the risk on a 20k motor...to me 650-675hp is enough for a daily driver :dontknow: .

RedSrt007 said:
My crown is waking up in the morning with my family around me :rock: :D

If nitrous is done correctly, it can be very beneficial, but the key is doing it correctly! 1 stuck solenoid, or 1 wrong glitch and you are running the risk on a 20k motor...to me 650-675hp is enough for a daily driver :dontknow: .

Agreed! I hope I do it correctly! I just ordered the Zex kit last night....stoked:rock:

Hey bro, I have the AEM Wideband guage. It works really good. It is a little more expensive than the reqular guages, however it is worth it.

Ray

Attachments

• A-Pilar guages (Small).JPG
    A-Pilar guages (Small).JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back