Need Basic Dyno Help

oldguysrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's required to get a dyno air/fuel reading. I plan to take my truck to MTI in Houston for a dyno run on their dynojet soon. When I had my wife's corvette tuned the printout only showed horsepower and torque. I asked Dan at DC Performance how much I'd benefit to bring my truck to him for a dyno tune versus the standard Stage II tune of his I'm running. He suggested I send him a dyno showing air/fuel mixture.

Please advise.

oldguy

A dyno tune would be A LOT better and more accurate then a mail-tune. Yes, he can adjust the tune according to your air/fuel and curve, (they are very good at that may-I-add) but its always better for them to custom tune to YOUR truck as all things are not the same with every truck....

-Red

if you want to know what's required to get the a/f reading, you have to go to any dyno and they will remove one of your oxygen sensors and install a wideband sensor. The computer will datalog the sensor reading during the dyno run and you will see the exact a/f ratio plotted at the bottom of your dyno chart.

hope this helps!
mike

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back