Need carfax please

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am looking at this mustang for my potential track car...........gotta have an auto tranny.

If anybody has a carfax account and can help....it would be appreciated.

VIN 1ZVFT82H265216394
Year/Make/Model: 2006 FORD MUSTANG GT
Body Style: COUPE
Engine Type: 4.6L V8 FI SOHC
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 17 records found in our database
Recall Results: A current list of recalls is available at FORD MOTOR COMPANY.

Car has 16247 miles or so says the dealer.

thanks patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Sent pm............thanks

What info is in a carfax report? I have never read one. Says it has 17 records........its that a lot for a 2006?

patrick
a record could be a lot of things like whenever it changed possesion when it was registered .. sometimes accidents hell it could be a # of things i have seen totalled vehicles fixed and they will still pass a carfax report so its kind of up in the air but i would not let the numnber scare you off ...like i said it could be a # of differant things....wow i really cannot spell today sorry!!!!

Dude they are only like $20 for a consumer to purchase 10 reports. Just go to www.carfax.com and buy a set of 10. I look at carfax reports everyday as part of my job, so I can tell you this. The amount of records doesnt matter. What matters is, if there is an accident indicator, or any negative record in the report because any negative records will result in a lower value on the vehicle in question. NEVER put all your chips on a carfax report though. Carfax only picks up about 1/3 of the vehicles events. As jmb mentioned, I have seen vehicles that have been wrecked beyond belief, and still have a 100% clean carfax. On the flip side, I have seen many vehicles listed with a frame damage record on carfax, but a damn nice vehicle you couldnt fault if your life depended on it. Carfax is good and bad,........... more good than bad I guess. They are just SOOO misleading in both ways. If a vehicle is sold at dealer auction announced as a frame-damaged vehicle, it may very well only be because there is OR was a minor dent in one of the 1/4 panels which is part of the "unibody" section of the vehicle. Thats all it takes to scar a vehicles history. All it takes on a pickup truck to get a frame damage record is a gooseneck hitch or a ranch hand bumper that has been drilled or welded on. Any non-factory welds or holes cause frame damage in the auction's guidelines. Hell, about 3 or 4 years ago I bought a 2004 viper car with an aftermarket front sway-bar. The installation required a couple of holes to be drilled in the front frame section. Well, I bought the thing announced as "frame-damaged" for about $5000 less than it should have sold for. This was before carfax and the auto auctions(now all owned by the same company "COX Communications"), got in bed together and started listing the announcements on every carfax report, so I made about $8000 on that car because I didnt have to relay the frame announement to the buyer(bullcrap frame anyway). Today I wouldnt touch the car because the frame announcement would be on carfax, and hurt the value tremendously. The reason this is such a big deal is that over 3/4 of all the vehicles listed for sale in the US came from an auto auction......most likely Manheim(Cox Comm.). So, make sure you get a clean report, if not be sure the price reflects any negative records. And of course make sure the title is clean and whatnot. Cya! Robert

mauiSRT/10 said:
Am looking at this mustang for my potential track car...........gotta have an auto tranny.

If anybody has a carfax account and can help....it would be appreciated.

VIN 1ZVFT82H265216394
Year/Make/Model: 2006 FORD MUSTANG GT
Body Style: COUPE
Engine Type: 4.6L V8 FI SOHC
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 17 records found in our database
Recall Results: A current list of recalls is available at FORD MOTOR COMPANY.

Car has 16247 miles or so says the dealer.

thanks patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back