Need clutch help

Viper83101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story short... When i bought my truck it had already had the wilwood clutch hydraulics upgrade with the 7/8" bore clutch master cylinder. Never had a problem whatsoever. A few months ago though the master cylinder started acting up and the spring was wore out. I ordered and installed a new 1" bore clutch master cylinder and reservoir. I installed them both, bled the system of all air and everything felt great. I love a stiff clutch pedal feel so I was very happy. Not long after the install though i started losing clutch pedal pressure which made disengaging the clutch so that I could get it into gear a PITA. Every time i started the truck I had to sit there and pump the pedal numerous times so that i could build up enough pressure to drive. So i knew I was getting air in the system somehow. This past saturday I bled the system again and had all kinds of air in the system as i expected. I got all the air out and the pedal felt great again but now its back to the same thing. The reservoir has stayed full the entire time this has been going on but I did notice a very very very small leak at the bottom of the reservoir around the O ring but i wouldnt think it would be anything that would be letting air in the system. I am getting ready to do a brand new clutch install in 2 weeks and going to put a new slave in as well. Can anyone help me to rectify this problem and what could be possibly causing this issue so that when i do my clutch install everything will work as its supposed to? I am just completely stumped

My .02 is go back to factory hydraulics! 140k miles and racing and DD and not so much as a hiccup.

The original wilwood hydraulics worked flawlessly until the master cylinder spring shot out though. I just wonder if its the 1" bore master cylinder causing it. Had no issues at all with the 7/8" bore

I agree with Scott. I worked on 2 trucks with "upgraded" hydraulics and both failed (internal master cylinder seal failure in one and leaking slave cylinder on the other) I have yet to experience a failure of an OEM clutch hydraulics system when maintained properly.

I would like to know. Newb
I honestly think its a bad slave cylinder. Hydraulic line is good, master cylinder is good and not leaking, and the bleeder valve is good and tight with no leaks. Air in the line with soft pedal feel and clutch engagement really low to the floor board has bad slave cylinder written all over it especially with knowing that the master is good. I just wanted to get some opinions of others but you see how that turned out. [emoji19]

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back