NEED DIESEL HELP

viperhauler

Supporting Member
Reaction score
08 dodge 2500 cummins 4x4 megacab auto that has all that factory emissions crap...

i need it gone, and on a budget...

can i just delete a few pipes and get a tuner?
is there a "kit" for this that i can simply bolt on?

any help would be great.

thanks,

dan

I would first go to your nearest muffler shop that is known for good work. They'll likely have done many of these exhaust setups. Delete that cats and resonators and even the muffler if you'd like. Most badass diesels are running straight pipe and sound like and 18 wheeler. The turbo whine becomes more evident as well as a deeper note to the exhaust. Bullydog it for tuning and be done. You can put a bigger turbo on them, but from what I have seen, just modding the factory setup can net huge gains. Talking 11-12 second diesels!! Far too many round here. A nice 3/4 ton with the Cummins and right gear ratio will scream down the 1320.;) Unfortunately for me I have been beat by a few:( Thought I had their asses, but I have also won several hundred from some;)
Who'd think that my truck that whoops ass on New Charger SRT8s, Challenger SRT8s, Vettes, Mustangs and most Camaros would get beaten by a DUALLY 1 ton diesel? It happened:(

08 dodge 2500 cummins 4x4 megacab auto that has all that factory emissions crap...

i need it gone, and on a budget...

can i just delete a few pipes and get a tuner?
is there a "kit" for this that i can simply bolt on?

any help would be great.

thanks,

dan

let me check with my guys, theres a kit i know, my brother did it to his ford thats an 2008

thanks eddie... mpg is TERRIBLE right now... i get better mileage with the 10!

venomless... not lookin' for anything performance wise just for DD... i can't just cut out the cats, there's all this new emissions shit i have to deal with... at least so far as i can tell...

venomless... not lookin' for anything performance wise just for DD... i can't just cut out the cats, there's all this new emissions shit i have to deal with... at least so far as i can tell...

YOu shouldn't have an issue on the 08' model years. I think it's the 10' year when it really gets fun. Go to your nearest Diesel Performance site and become a member. You know how that works, you'll likely hear some BS, but the hard core guys will step up and tell what you need without spending money unneccessarily.:congrats:

lol already did that;)

i just won't be able to ban anyone cuz they talked shit:D

I lied, now I think it may have been 07 they started the particulate filter shit. Think Eddie is right and you have to spend big money for the kit they make. I DO KNOW that the truck WILL NOT RUN if parts of that emissions system are tinkered with. That's apparently what part of that kit contains is the tuning or sensor resistors to fool the PCM:argh:

yeah, i can't just cut it out, and i need the tuner to fake out the pcm...

there's some egr crap and some other stuff...

i kinda know what i need, but not completely sure...

call me hero:D

I'm a dealer for all that stuff through h+s performance, very high quality, I run it on my new 11 megacab and have picked up about 4mpg. Call or email me, [email protected] or 314-540-1541

Just bought an '08 megacab dually six speed with all the emissions on it. Had local truck guy delete ALL emissions, put in a tuner (H&S ), new rims , tires , exhaust. Now this truck gets me 22-25 mpg, towing my viper, with a 2 ton trailer, was 18- 20 mpg. I LOVE this truck.. Definitely a must do.

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 83
Yea I agree the h&s performance is the way to go I have a 2011 cummins and had a 07 cummins with the same set up with a flow pro exhaust and it makes a world of difference it will make more hp then a stock 10 and have 2 times a much torque.

Pm sent. The 07 built after Jan 07 came with the 6.7 cummins. That is the one with def and what not.

What about this???......a bunch of our GREAT old time members coming in from the cold!!!!

I feel like an abandoned kid that just found his brothers.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back