Need engine & trans rebuild.

Spraypaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broke a spring & bent a rod the other day. Would like to build with forged internals. Not adding a SC or a turbo, just want a solid build. Can someone out there help me out? Even just give me some advice? Going a little crazy researching what's going to be needed, and what I can trust. :dontknow:
Got 15k for the project, maybe a bit more if needed.
Thank you

Last edited:
PM SRT2SLOW. He can point you in the right direction and answer all your questions about getting this done since he just got this done himself through a performance shop in your area.

Right on,
Thank you. :).....wait....won't let me PM....guess I'm too new.

Last edited:
Right on,
Thank you. :).....wait....won't let me PM....guess I'm too new.

I hope he doesn't mind me doing this then, cuz Charlie is everywhere... But here's his number (XXX)XXX-XXXX. Good guy, goes by the name of Rambo. My simple advice to you, don't make any sudden movements or make eye contact if you ever meet him in person. He tends to get a bit loopy with new faces and unfamiliar voices. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I took the number, you can erase it. :)
Got it....eyes down....move slow. ;)

Todd is good people. You can also send it to Texas. Can do a nice rotating assy for ya. Send the entire truck and I'll ship it back a beast!

I would be very interested in bringing it to you in Texas. How much you think it would cost to get it down there? The shop I have it at has been building engines since 1974. He hasn't pulled the engine yet....we just talked. However he did say to me "Yeah......I've done a couple of these before".
Would rather have someone work on it who knows them inside & out.

I would be very interested in bringing it to you in Texas. How much you think it would cost to get it down there? The shop I have it at has been building engines since 1974. He hasn't pulled the engine yet....we just talked. However he did say to me "Yeah......I've done a couple of these before".
Would rather have someone work on it who knows them inside & out.

Seems they average around $500-1000 transport from Cali. Imagine it depends on carrier and their load. Not positive how they vary so much.
It's not a rocket science engine by any means, but yes a deck plate is needed to achieve proper honing while keeping bored aligned. There's a few things specific to the Viper and better ways of getting starved bearings oiled and such that are great mods while building. Getting/Finding the correct parts the first time is often a "average" builder/machine shops biggest issues.

Last edited:
Alright, what would be the best way to get a hold of you? Need to talk to someone about this. Don't wanna sit here and write a book about it. :)

Yes, I've heard of SPT. :)
I've been ghosting on here for some time. I see multiple people on here I wouldn't mind sending my baby to. However it seems like most are outta state or too far. :(
SPT is less then 50 miles away. I may go with them due to their skill level & the shipping cost. Would want someone who knows these engines to work on it. The words "I've done a couple of these" makes me a little nervous. :confused:
Scott: Whenever you get a chance still like to talk. You got my #.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back