Need help! 2005 srt10 crank

Mopar360

Reaction score
I'm in need of 8.3 crankshaft or 0.20 rod and main bearings, if you know where I can get either fairly cheap or get them at all let me know, have chance to buy a 2005 srt10 truck with 80,000 miles and new tip end of motor guy messed up crank at shop where it was getting worked at, they want 5,000 is that a pretty good price? It's nice two door and black.

Just had to rebuild mine. $5k for a crank is about right. Most engine builders will not use a cut crank (rod or main) due to the reduction in strength (so I was told) so good thing mine was ok. Also found out most internal parts (pistons,cams etc) are custom made to order. I would recommend calling some of our venders that do quality engine rebuilds to see what they say. Believe me you don't want to do this job twice! (Like the last guy)

Sean at Roe Racing told me he could get up to a .030 over main bearing, but my crank was over .030 so I had to buy new. Todd at Arrow Racing gave me the best deal on a new crank. Good luck.

I'm in need of 8.3 crankshaft or 0.20 rod and main bearings, if you know where I can get either fairly cheap or get them at all let me know, have chance to buy a 2005 srt10 truck with 80,000 miles and new tip end of motor guy messed up crank at shop where it was getting worked at, they want 5,000 is that a pretty good price? It's nice two door and black.

any bearings can be had, 20 over aint bad boss

Sean at Roe Racing told me he could get up to a .030 over main bearing, but my crank was over .030 so I had to buy new. Todd at Arrow Racing gave me the best deal on a new crank. Good luck.

Well he left me voicemail and said he can only get rod bearings 0.20 if you can find me some mains 0.20 or 0.30 I'd buy them from you, I tried calling Shawn back at roe racing but he didnt answer either time I called, but if I'm gonna fix it that's what I'm gonna need for cheapest route.

Well he left me voicemail and said he can only get rod bearings 0.20 if you can find me some mains 0.20 or 0.30 I'd buy them from you, I tried calling Shawn back at roe racing but he didnt answer either time I called, but if I'm gonna fix it that's what I'm gonna need for cheapest route.

From what I learned about the V10 engine there is no cheap route.

My be Sean can't get the .030 over bearing anymore. I would also check with Todd at Arrow Racing he might have a good rebuilt crank. I know they gave me a really good deal.

From what I learned about the V10 engine there is no cheap route.

Well I gave 5000 for truck, new tires, has leather power seats, locks, windows etc pretty loaded up, has 74,000 miles and is pretty nice black two door with manual transmission, worst case scenario I will spend 8,000 on complete motor and will have 13,000 in it will be worth 20,000 ish :dontknow: so I will come out money ahead either way but finding mains and rods would be cheaper. That's what I'm hoping for

Well I gave 5000 for truck, new tires, has leather power seats, locks, windows etc pretty loaded up, has 74,000 miles and is pretty nice black two door with manual transmission, worst case scenario I will spend 8,000 on complete motor and will have 13,000 in it will be worth 20,000 ish :dontknow: so I will come out money ahead either way but finding mains and rods would be cheaper. That's what I'm hoping for

Don't think you got a bad deal. Good luck with it. Try Todd @ Arrow Raceing he helped me out with my motor.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back