NEED HELP, FIRST BUILD

RAM SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys long story short . my motor just blew up 2 months ago , so i thought i have a good reason to start building my engine :rock: , however the car is overseas and looks like im going to build my new motor here in USA, i want to build an engine that good for 1000rwhp at least and im starting from the scratch , now im looking to buy a used block that has a good crank. now, since this is my first build i need some advises from you guys about the best parts to buy for the bottom end like pistons and rods etc , and for sure the truck will forced induction but im not sure yet if its gonna be a twin turbo or a superchrged :dontknow:, although i really like the twin turbo but i heard there are a lot of problems with them , and the supercharger is way easier to install but im also afraid of the belt slip when i turn the boost up , i also dont really know if there is a supercharger kit good for 1000hp , i need some information about the fuel system and whats the stock one good for ?
thanks for the help :D

One of our sponsors and vendors on here, JMB Performance, offers a ProCharger capable of 1000rwhp and has a special belt setup to eliminate belt slip. He's also built the highest horsepower SRT-10 in the world and has built several others that are over 700rwhp and he's done supercharger, single turbo, and is currently doing a twin turbo setup.

http://jmbperformance.com/store233a/product_info.php?cPath=66_113_147&products_id=392

http://www.jmbperformance.com/store233a/product_info.php?cPath=66_113_147&products_id=303

Yessir JMB or myself can build you a stout engine. If Forced Induction is your plan, your bottom end will be built basically the same whether Turbo or SC. Where are you located?

One of our sponsors and vendors on here, JMB Performance, offers a ProCharger capable of 1000rwhp and has a special belt setup to eliminate belt slip. He's also built the highest horsepower SRT-10 in the world and has built several others that are over 700rwhp and he's done supercharger, single turbo, and is currently doing a twin turbo setup.

JMB SRT-10 RAM Procharger F1-C DIY Kit, JMB Performance

JMB SRT-10 Ram Single Turbo Kit, JMB Performance

thanks for the info about both the turbo and the SC, they booth look great to me :drool: for sure i will contact these guys

Yessir JMB or myself can build you a stout engine. If Forced Induction is your plan, your bottom end will be built basically the same whether Turbo or SC. Where are you located?

im in Denver bro , we have a good shop here in denver that i deal with he has built my LSX block and he is really good he is more like a friend. but that doesnt mean im stick with him . ;) can you tell me more about the build ?

Really depends on what you want bud, but low compression pistons, beefier rods, custom FI camshaft, all bearings, etc.
You can also go 522ci with her while doing the block work.
JMB is working in a high rev engine as well so we have plenty of ways to get you where you want. :rock:

Really depends on what you want bud, but low compression pistons, beefier rods, custom FI camshaft, all bearings, etc.
You can also go 522ci with her while doing the block work.
JMB is working in a high rev engine as well so we have plenty of ways to get you where you want. :rock:

can you pm me the options and the prices pleae ?

I used a place called Jackson Auto Machine in MD they have been great. Jerry has plenty of knowledge to share.

Thanks guys
Just found a block on eBay and I'm thinking about Buying it , let me what you guys think about it ?
Next will be pistons , rods , bearings and arp bolts , I'm also thinking about buying a set of used heads since I'm doing thee block :D
My shop recommended Ross pistons what do you guys think about them ?
I also need help choosing a camshaft, a mean 1 for forced induction :evil:
Here is some pics of the block

Dodge 1500 Pickup Engine 8 3L 04 Short Block Under Hood Fire Water Damage Core | eBay

Here's the truck it came out of, so check it good

Attachments

• 3D7HA16H64G220656-01.jpg
    3D7HA16H64G220656-01.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 3D7HA16H64G220656-03.jpg
    3D7HA16H64G220656-03.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 113
  • 3D7HA16H64G220656-04.jpg
    3D7HA16H64G220656-04.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 3D7HA16H64G220656-05.jpg
    3D7HA16H64G220656-05.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 3D7HA16H64G220656-06.jpg
    3D7HA16H64G220656-06.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 102
UMM nope! That much heat, the blocks got to be toast. Wouldn't trust it. Just my Dos Centavos.

Will

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back