Need help from some Computer Experts!!!

KRAZYSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My desktop, which is a Gateway Model GT5404, is having some issues. We don't really use it that much which is why I am pissed right now. Anyways, when I hit the power button, it takes a a little bit and then I get this Windows Error Message that says the computer has shutdown and gives me the option to start up in several Safe Mode options or just start it in Normal.

Well, regardless of what I hit, it goes to a black screen and the only thing I can see is the mouse pointer....FOREVER! :(

I tried hitting F8 a bunch of times to see if I could trouble shoot but I don't know the password for Administrator...and I am completely computer illiterate. Can you guys help me or is this a case for the Geek Squad?:dontknow:

T.I.A.....or not!;) :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

what's the exact error that you get? have you tried an internet search for that error? how about searching the gateway website for information on your issue?

where are you located? if ya send me just the tower, i'll fix it for ya for the cost of parts & the shipping.........:)

Last edited:
So, what version of windows do you have

and

try just hitting enter when it asks for the admin password

ViperJeff said:
So, what version of windows do you have

and

try just hitting enter when it asks for the admin password

Jeff,

I'm rollin' with the Vista ofcourse!:argh: And I tried enter and it gave me the whole you may not enter B.S.!!!:mad: I dunno what to do....I tried all the Safe Modes and they didn't work either!:dontknow:

Jeff! Thank you for the link, I am typing this from my desktop right now!!!:D:D:D Unfortunately, I had to reformat my entire system...but I am hoping to recover some of my old files! Either way, I am just glad I didn't have to pay someone to come fix this thing when I could have done it myself...apparently, Vista has a serious flaw!!!! :(

Oh well...shoulda bought an APPLE but I don't have the money for it right now. As I am sure most of us dont...

Once again...Thank you Jeff. You are a GREAT FRIEND! And I appreciate you very much buddy! Even if you are one of them Air Force Guys!;)

Yea, one o my many flaws

If you don't have anything important on the machine, as in files that your really really need, put the boot disk in and do a clean install of Vista. Possibly a virus and this will get rid of that shit. Hopefully you have the boot disk right???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back