Need help from the Mechanics!

KRAZYSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for some actual advice from those in the automotive industry on how to alleviate brake squeal during slow braking and the chirping while rolling down the street. The Dealership says my pads are good and my rotors are good so I am just looking for some temporary relief until I can afford some new rotors and pads.

I am going to use some Brake Cleaner after I try cleaning the wheels off. But other than that I don't know what else to do. I'm not very mechnical inklined when it comes to vehicles.:eek: :D :D :D

nope your motors gonna blow cause you breaks are squeeking!:D :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

in all honestly man from what i've read and have heard people say everybodys truck pretty much does that from the factory... i think you need to go have your rotors turned thats what most have done to stop the sqeeking i believe

I would try to do some hard braking and really heat up the pads!! they are squealing because of dirt getting on the face to the pads. wear them a bit and see if that helps.:marchmellow: :marchmellow:

mine were doing the same...a little squealing coming to a slow stop. i scuffed the rotors with a scotchbrite pad to remove the glazing, and all is good for now:D

Take them off and scrub them on concrete, and turn your rotors. also get some disc brake quiet from the parts store.

Last edited:
It is a performance truck and it has excellent front brakes. Performance vehicles usually have squeeky brakes...but I did just buy the green pads from Stinker...

Stomp on your brakes for a while. It will go away.

if they are stockers aint gonna happen, it is low resonance at slow speeds, Like Ga said the only thing is use a shit load of squeal stop, or change to different pad. EBC red stuff is my next set. green stuuf are good but they still get hot at high speed braking. SO my next step is EBC RED.

Go to a stretch of road where there is no traffic and you can drive 10 miles without stopping.....get up to 60MPH and then get on the brakes hard without locking them up....when you hit 10MPH accel back to 60MPH then brake again till 10MPH....do the 7 times then drive for at least 10 minutes without touching the brakes.......this is Zeckhausen's directions after installing new pads.....

..I put the Posi-Quiets from Zeckhausen on my truck within a week after I bought it...never has it squeeked even once in over 17,000 miles..........I have used his bedding procedure on other vehicles that squeek with success.....though some need the procedure redone every few thousand miles..

Yep, hard braking does work....

Thats what I did with mine and no sqeal, at least for a little while

Jeff

Good thing I live on this itsy bitsy island with a gagillion billion people..

And thank you to some of you for letting me know this is a performance vehicle. I didn't know that!;)....

When I complain about squeaking...maybe its because it's louder and more frequent than usual. I have owned this truck for almost 3 years now...Sheesh! Rookies!:D:D:D

Geeeeez Kris.....

Stop being a Danko

We're all friends here

:D

Jeff

zackly....:D

They sell anti squeal in an aerosol can. It is very tacky when sprayed on. Let it sit for 15 minutes then reinstall the pads. By the way it goes on the BACK SIDE of the pad away from the rotor. I had a customer that sprayed it on the front! It cushions the high speed frequency squeal that starts under low speed braking.

Ceramic pads, worked for me, they liked to squeel around town more often,stop and go driving.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back