Need help quick

04RAMSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I am trying to install my level blocks. I have the truck on stands, and removed the u-bolts, I did not remove the small center bolt as instructed.

When I go to jack up the rear end at the diff, to make space between the axel tube and spring back, there is no separation? I have spayed some WD 40 in there and let it sit, but still no separation. I jacked u the rear end as high as my jack would go, almost leveling out the springs, and it still did not pop.

Is there something else I need to do to get the two to seperate to to put the blocks in place?

Please help.

Guys,

I am trying to install my level blocks. I have the truck on stands, and removed the u-bolts, I did not remove the small center bolt as instructed.

When I go to jack up the rear end at the diff, to make space between the axel tube and spring back, there is no separation? I have spayed some WD 40 in there and let it sit, but still no separation. I jacked u the rear end as high as my jack would go, almost leveling out the springs, and it still did not pop.

Is there something else I need to do to get the two to seperate to to put the blocks in place?

Please help.

do not remove the center bolt, coat with wd or pb blaster, let it sit and soak, then hit the springs next to the axle with a mallet, the center pin is rusted in the pad.
make sure its supported well, and DO NOT lay under the truck

any probs call me on the cell, gotta go look at property so will be on the road for a bit

Got it with the hammer, and my brute strength, lol

All is good, looks good. the 1.5 blocks did leave just a hair over 1/4 inch rake, so I would have probably been good with the 1.75 blocks, but I still think it looks good. I was not going for the slammed look anyway, just wanted something closer to level.

On to the sway bar bushings :)

do not remove the center bolt, coat with wd or pb blaster, let it sit and soak, then hit the springs next to the axle with a mallet, the center pin is rusted in the pad.
make sure its supported well, and DO NOT lay under the truck

any probs call me on the cell, gotta go look at property so will be on the road for a bit

Do you recommend cutting off some of the u-bolt thread, I have about 3-4 inches left, to much to get a deep well socket on the nut to use a torque wrench. I was thinking of cutting about half of it off.

I did the 1 3/4 ones and love the look, I was still able to get a deep socket on the u bolts so I did not cut any off. Are you doing the Energy Suspension bushings?? I did front and rear, install was a breeze.......

Do you recommend cutting off some of the u-bolt thread, I have about 3-4 inches left, to much to get a deep well socket on the nut to use a torque wrench. I was thinking of cutting about half of it off.

yessir, you can, not a problem we basically have them done in one length for a couple different sizes, shoot me some pics when ya get done
you've done some nice work man, be proud.

:bandit::bandit:

I did the 1 3/4 ones and love the look, I was still able to get a deep socket on the u bolts so I did not cut any off. Are you doing the Energy Suspension bushings?? I did front and rear, install was a breeze.......

I am starting with the rear sway bar bushings, and seeing how that goes, then will probably do the rest. I need to leave some stuff to do over the winter as well :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back