Need help - shackles for RC

allwayssideways

Reaction score
Hi guys

Today I installed a pair of shorted DJM shackles on my lowered RC.

I was out for a test drive...... :D

The truck is SOOOO Hard at the rear, you cant drive. Is this normal??

I checked everything... leafspring stoppers, shocks, cal-tracs, axle..... all seems right.

Thanks for your comment.

Marc

Did you trim the bumpstops or install shorter ones?

I DID THE SAME THING WITH YHE SAME RESULTS .AFTER ABOUT 30 MINUTES I REALIZED THE STOCK LOOK AND RIDE WAS NOT SO BAD AFTERALL. PUT THE STOCK ONES BACK ON AND LIVE WITH IT.

DAVID

from my understanding the shorter shackles dont work on an RC:dontknow:

I got to run to town for a bit , but will check mine today, I think they bind under load . but will check for ya, the shocks should be fine, as its not that much of a drop.

Shackles don't work on the RC. You need lowering blocks. Putting shackles on the RC cause them to contact the frame. Take them off and contact Stinker for some blocks & U-bolts. 1.5 to 2" drop should level it with a stock front end. Shackles only work on the QC. That is all.....

Last edited:
allwayssideways said:
Thanks guys

I changed them back to stock. Now its like before.

Cheers
Put some of Stinkers 2" lowering blocks on it, quick, easy and will look and ride great.

I think some of ya's are missing something . . .

It's ALREADY lowered. I think he wanted to lower the rear just a tad more . . . ? But maybe you guys are suggesting taller blocks! :idea: :D

Roz-SRT said:
I think some of ya's are missing something . . .

It's ALREADY lowered. I think he wanted to lower the rear just a tad more . . . ? But maybe you guys are suggesting taller blocks! :idea: :D
Well piss, your right.

forgot about that buttercup:D

I f ya go a 3 inch block the shocks are just about done, plus you only have aobut an inch or so travel, and more than likely the driveshaft will be bottoming out in the tranny.

couldnt remember what size ya went with bro, but thats basically what happens at 3 inchs:D

Stinker said:
forgot about that buttercup:D

I f ya go a 3 inch block the shocks are just about done, plus you only have aobut an inch or so travel, and more than likely the driveshaft will be bottoming out in the tranny.

couldnt remember what size ya went with bro, but thats basically what happens at 3 inchs:D

I went 2.5 and she sits PERFECT (to me). I get compliments all the damn time.

Buttercup. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back