Need help with a noise...

EMT/SRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
... okay so I installed Stinker's drop shackles the other day with no problem. But now I have this awful squeaking noise when my rear suspension goes up and down. It even squeaks when you push down on the rear bumper without much effort. I put it on the lift today and removed the bolts that hold the shackles to the leaf springs and greased them and replaced them. Made sure the grease fitting on the shackle itself was greased, it was. Let the truck down and...... still the same loud ass squeak! What else would it be? TIA

Youve over tightened the bolts. While the truck is under load back them off a bit and use some lock tight.

i had this issue on my hemi ram when i dropped it. my issue was the rear shackle metal sleve was rubbing on the frame so i just took them off and greased them all up and TADA fixed. but i see you may have already done this.

i the same problem with mine.it was the rear exhuast hanger on my magnaflow rubbing the bumper bracket

May want to check your drive shaft. My 05 hemi ram made a similar noise when loaded, an exhaust hanger rubbed the drive shaft.

Well got up this AM for a work drill @ the fire house and no squeaky! I guess the grease I added yesterday finally worked down to where it was needed. Thanks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back