need help with drop kit - truck is apart

hashash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
front part

removed shock , removed upper A-arm bolts then lowered the lower arm but cannot lower it enough to remove the spring ??:dontknow: :dontknow:

Should i remove the tierod from the lower arm ? how tried to pry it apart but wont move ??

need help ASAP , been trying for the past two hours :eek: :mad: :mad:

Sherif

I honestly don't remember.I can bolt on anything WITH instructions,but I am not that much of a mechanic otherwise.Maybe it is the sway bar that needs to be disconnected ?

I just don't remember.Maybe look in the "do-it-yourself" section,there may be pics/instructions there.

I believe I unhooked my swaybars and picked the front of the truck up pretty hight so the lower control arm would fall down:D Then you should be able to get the spring out;)

maybe a spring compression tool will do the trick

Unbolt sway bar. If you still can't get it out or can't get the truck high enough a car parts place will rent you a spring compressor. Be careful using one though, the springs can fly out of that compressor and really tear some stuff up.

Joe

thanks guys , i undid the upper ball joint and it was easy after that

:rock:

hash, did you get the instructions i emailed to you?
just undo the upper a-arm, an then the tie rod end, and the sway bar, the complete assembley will drop down

Yeah Gary , i already did it , thanks !

how are you doing ?

hashash

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back