Need help with my srt10 problem with the dealership

Viperjeff its all black with silver bagging on black and silver rims. And im not sure about the MDH on the truck right now.

Well, if you ever within 10 feet of a RAM SRT-10, this page will tell you how to find it

Viper Truck Registry

If it's a 2003 Date of MFR which I doubt, that would be nice to know

Oh, and I'm a Desert Storm Vet also, tell your Dad hi from the Black Widows - Death Comes in the Night

Last edited:
Okay, ill see the MDH that it has on the truck, and ill let u know viperjeff. My father said hi and thats true about death comes in the night

Okay, ill see the MDH that it has on the truck, and ill let u know viperjeff. My father said hi and thats true about death comes in the night

And you should know, Ken, the guy you're arguing with. Has a great deal of knowledge and humility will get your dad more answers than standing on a soapbox.

As a community, we know a great deal about these rides, what there worth, the hp that can be made with a wide variety of mods and answers to question that most don't know to ask. So thinking you know more than you do, won't get you answers. Using value numbers that doesn't match a 14 year market, makes you appear to be untruthful. So when people question this, it comes with a great deal of knowledge and history. You should know this as you move forward and trying to help your dad. Your actions and comments will bear greatly

Ken yeah i know argueing isnt get me answers that i need, but i know there pulling my dads chain with a fauls info on deals. But they need to give me respect to if they want the same back and not just think im just a kid, which im not. Im an adult and worked with v8 and v10s alittle bit. If they just dont want to ask if i check this on the truck or that to help me get my fathers truck on the road again, it not worth my time and energy when im looking for some advice to fix it myself for him. I know what the true value of the truck is and what the truck is capable of doing. So viperjeff is there any advice to can give me that may cause a 2000rpm problem that backfires when we try to go over it because the dealership is just messing it up.

Ken yeah i know argueing isnt get me answers that i need, but i know there pulling my dads chain with a fauls info on deals. But they need to give me respect to if they want the same back and not just think im just a kid, which im not. Im an adult and worked with v8 and v10s alittle bit. If they just dont want to ask if i check this on the truck or that to help me get my fathers truck on the road again, it not worth my time and energy when im looking for some advice to fix it myself for him. I know what the true value of the truck is and what the truck is capable of doing. So viperjeff is there any advice to can give me that may cause a 2000rpm problem that backfires when we try to go over it because the dealership is just messing it up.

Sorry, I don't give mechanical advise. I'm the Registry guy.

You will find, that in most high performance forums, respect is earned. If you look at Kens member number, he earned respect a long time ago with the number of people he has helped over the years, probably thousands!!!!

Vj

However, I will mention that the 10 can display the codes without a reader providing the dealership hasn't cleared them

The camshaft position sensor is not aftermarket. The codes as far as they say and they only told three codes that showed up on it is P0320, P0340, and P1391. But the other codes they wont tell me. My father isnt taking them on their offer just to have it in their showroom floor and to make profit because of its all original parts as is. My father doesnt trust giving out the last eight of the vin number of his vehicle.

The reason I asked if it was a oem sensor is because you said you bought somewhere else other than the dealer. And I would find out what other codes you have or at least drive it ti see if the problem changed . From what you listed for codes you have a circuit code sensor code and a crank tooth error. It sounds like the cam and crank are out of sync. With that low miles I wouldn't think you have worn out parts to cause exessive internal movement so I would start looking on the electrical part of the system. But if you have it a place that doesn't have a good diagnostic tech they will just shotgun it with parts till it's fixed. Was this truck ever had a aftermarket tune installed?

And I'm thinking it's one of the 10's that are not supposed to exist, but I really doubt it is one of those

That's right, wasn't Vipergirl from Arizona

The reason I asked if it was a oem sensor is because you said you bought somewhere else other than the dealer. And I would find out what other codes you have or at least drive it ti see if the problem changed . From what you listed for codes you have a circuit code sensor code and a crank tooth error. It sounds like the cam and crank are out of sync. With that low miles I wouldn't think you have worn out parts to cause exessive internal movement so I would start looking on the electrical part of the system. But if you have it a place that doesn't have a good diagnostic tech they will just shotgun it with parts till it's fixed. Was this truck ever had a aftermarket tune installed?

The truck did the same think it did before when u get in first gear and try to get past 2000rpm. It backfires and stumbles like it would cut out. The rpm needle shoots to 6000rm and shot down to 1800rpm and backfires again. The truck has no aftermarket tune installed to it. Its all factory setting. The only think i changed on the computer was the factory setting for 2500rpm where it leans the gas out where it sounds like not enough gas was not getting to it. But thats all the truck was changed if u want to consider that not aftermarket tune.

The truck did the same think it did before when u get in first gear and try to get past 2000rpm. It backfires and stumbles like it would cut out. The rpm needle shoots to 6000rm and shot down to 1800rpm and backfires again. The truck has no aftermarket tune installed to it. Its all factory setting. The only think i changed on the computer was the factory setting for 2500rpm where it leans the gas out where it sounds like not enough gas was not getting to it. But thats all the truck was changed if u want to consider that not aftermarket tune.

Curious on how you made that change

Please elaborate

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back