Need help with radio removal 2006 QC

blackviper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I'll be pulling out the radio. What needs to come out in order to do so? Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you bring it up this way I can help ya :D

From what I remember:
Remove center console trim around shifter, then remove center console.(3 or 4 screws going into the floor)
Remove trim piece that is at the bottom in front of center console. (clipped in I think at sides)
2 screws holding the bottom of the radio trim on.
The rest I think was clipped in.
Undo connectors for starter switch, AC controls, 12v power ports
4 screws hold radio in.

There might be a step I might have missed.

Thank you. I just did a search and found this.

The top of the center console is held on by clips. It just pulls straight up.
Then the lower section of the console is held on by 3 bolts. You need to remove this. Then there is a collar around the base of the dash, I believe it is 2 pieces, you need to remove them to get at the 2 screws that are facing upwards. Once those 2 screws are removed, the dash bezel will pop off. pull straight out (towards the back seat) The wood grain and the gray/silver piece are all one piece, unplug the wiring to the power outlet, cig lighter and A/C controls, and you are done.

I would highly recommend leaving the 2 screws facing upwards out when you put it back together. This way if you need to get the bezel off, it will just pop off, no need to remove the console again.

I like the note about leaving the 2 screws out that hold the bottom of the radio trim out. I didnt put them in mine either :D

Thanks for your help. I'll go at it first thing tomorrow morning.

blackviper said:
Thanks for your help. I'll go at it first thing tomorrow morning.

I'll PM ya my number. If you need anything, give me a call. I will be flying from 9-11am though.

I thought the center panel bezel section on a 2006 was retained with only clips, no screws? When I witnessed my dealer install my Mopar Sat radio module, he just disengaged the clips and the center bezel came right out. Maybe the factory didn't use screws on my truck...and to my knowledge nobody else before me had removed the center bezel? :dontknow:

Definitely has screws. If you follow the instructions posted, you won't have any problems.

So you got it out ok? What did you find out? Can you lockpick it or do you have to have the mod done?

Can't use the lockpick but I'm wondering if a factory radio with the rear camera plug will work. It seems like all these radios are interchangeable. This just maybe the easier way to go so I may sell my radio and get one with the camera plug. I'll do a little more research and decide tomorrow.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back