need help

areuv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, I need some serious help, I had my paxton system installed about 2 weeks ago, (won't mention where untill I get some more info) has been raining for last 5 days, truck sits outside to big for garage, I go out just now to get some milk and oh f*ck, truck cranks and cranks, finally starts check engine light is on, won't keep an idle, back fire through exhaust, I can get it to run for 30 seconds then it shuts down like it running out of gas, fuel pressure gauge says 60 pounds at idle, drove down the street shut off and now won't run, no idle nothing, a friend is coming over with a scan tool, maybe I can get a code as engine light is on, the backfire from exhaust worries me a little, could something have gotten wet, any help would be greatly appreciated, am going to scan will be back when I find a code, thank you everyone in advance

As it is raining where you are.....I know it isn't a DC performance install....sunny here........so call them up....310-841-6996....

hey Mike, I got the DC blower flash on it, I disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, start it up and it idles fine no check engine light, I let it run for 5-8 minutes, go to put in drive and it shuts right down, and now again won't idle somebody help this sad depresssed east coast guy

I hooked up a scan tool to my truck and it would not communicate with the scan tool, does this mean my pcm is not good, it's a DC blower flash, does it need a reflash? anyone

areuv said:
I hooked up a scan tool to my truck and it would not communicate with the scan tool, does this mean my pcm is not good, it's a DC blower flash, does it need a reflash? anyone
Some aftermarket scantools have a hard time reading these trucks. I used one and the only way it would work for me was to build the vehicle (in the scantool) as a 05 Viper car.

sounds like the split second box might be acting up. look there first, once you commincate with the ecm, i use a snap on scanner, works like a champ

ahhh ha, knew it was the East coast we been swimming over here. If I may ask how about where on the East Coast are ya ?

Thanks for responding Gary, I also use a snap-on scanner, I disconnected the negative terminal over night, I started it in the morning and got it to idle, then I gently started driving it, was shutting down every time I came to a stop, got on expressway did about 20 miles at 60-80mph, got off and it would idle at a light and seemed to be ok, Gary is the computer re-learning itself, someone else had this problem with water from rain, got waterproof cover won't happen again, HEY GARY we need to talk, my boy is picking up his 06 QC tommorow and we need a bunch of your goodies, drop kit, stage 2, 170 t-stat, and more, I am gonna try calling you mid morning we keep phone tagging, but I really need 5-10 minutes, look for my # in morning and I know your super busy but this winter you gotta just do my shit all out balls to the wall, thanks again bro I'm so glad you responded, and of course nowwhat too

Last edited:
Boomer to the rescue again! I think we should grant him a EMT certificate...emergency mopar technician...how about it NBT...can you qualify him?

By the way areuv...leave him alone until he ships the shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, etc. etc.

Prof said:
Boomer to the rescue again! I think we should grant him a EMT certificate...emergency mopar technician...how about it NBT...can you qualify him?

By the way areuv...leave him alone until he ships the shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, shifters, etc. etc.

It can be arranged.... I must admit...Gary has been good to us since the beginning.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back