Need Help

DRamSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, today I tried to install the steering wheel emblem. It start honking and won't stop. It really is loud. I have to unplug the negative cable. It stopped. I tried to fix it then test it but it still keeping honking.

Well....this is a new one. I know this sounds stupid but did you try pulling out on the center of the steering wheel??

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Well....this is a new one. I know this sounds stupid but did you try pulling out on the center of the steering wheel??

Yes, I did but it won't come off then I decided to not do it. It didn't start honking at that time. Then I tried to use 1/4 knife to cut off the emblem and it did come off then it start honking. I think I probably accident trigger something inside. I don't know. It stopped honking now because I removed the fuse and put the negative plug back on.

Bump, if nobody know the answer on how to help me then I am going to make an appoinment with the dealership to have it fix. Thanks.

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Hey Mike....He already said he did that!;) NERD!!!!:D

LOL! :rofl: Thanks guys, I am going call the dealership on monday to make an appointment.

woops...

ok....so when you pry the original off...the backside of the plastic rivet probably wedged between the cover and the horn pressure switch...press on the top and bottom of the cover and see if you can "bow" it enough to get the rivet to fall to the bottom....

Talk to Craig, Tyler.... He was telling us about how his horn was going off. Something about a computer chip that is on the back that he broke. He had to get a new part from what he said I think.

TREKER said:
Talk to Craig, Tyler.... He was telling us about how his horn was going off. Something about a computer chip that is on the back that he broke. He had to get a new part from what he said I think.

I thought this happened to someone else...thanks for not making me think Im loosing it :D

Nowwhat said:
you can pull the horn fuse....easier than the neg cable.....
While that turns off the horn, it does NOT turn off the airbag.
Be careful when working around those.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back