Need Job Advice

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have looked around and noticed the jobs thread on here. I muat say you guy have done quite well and i need some advice about my personal job situation presently. I am 23 years old and have been working my ass off since i was in highchool. I have been helping my mother for years which put my personal finances in the shitter for a while (still recovering but doing better than before) I attend college (night classes) trying to achieve my BA which i had to take some time off to work work work. Im back now and working as a Tower Tech (aka i climb cell phone towers/monopoles ect and fix, maintain and put up new equitment. My problem is ive been doing this for a little over a year now and my boss keeps screwing us with raises and work. Ive been off for 3 fking weeks now with no pay and cannot keep surviving like this. I need advice to where to go now, finding a office job is hard because they see tatts on my arm and my eyebrow piercing and that i shave my head and they dont like me. I attempted to cover it all but they still find me to be stupid or ect. As far as contruction goes my job encompases over 10 to 15 trades daily plus know one knows wtf i do, go figure and they wont even consider me for a job. I make decent money and cannot take a huge pay cut for a simplton job. Seriously need ome advice from some professionals where or what to do!!!! I know this is a strange request but it would be appreciated considering my shitty luck in life maybe theres something im missing..........:dontknow:
(I find it ironic no matter how hard i work and or try it always bites me in the ass)

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
I have looked around and noticed the jobs thread on here. I muat say you guy have done quite well and i need some advice about my personal job situation presently. I am 23 years old and have been working my ass off since i was in highchool. I have been helping my mother for years which put my personal finances in the shitter for a while (still recovering but doing better than before) I attend college (night classes) trying to achieve my BA which i had to take some time off to work work work. Im back now and working as a Tower Tech (aka i climb cell phone towers/monopoles ect and fix, maintain and put up new equitment. My problem is ive been doing this for a little over a year now and my boss keeps screwing us with raises and work. Ive been off for 3 fking weeks now with no pay and cannot keep surviving like this. I need advice to where to go now, finding a office job is hard because they see tatts on my arm and my eyebrow piercing and that i shave my head and they dont like me. I attempted to cover it all but they still find me to be stupid or ect. As far as contruction goes my job encompases over 10 to 15 trades daily plus know one knows wtf i do, go figure and they wont even consider me for a job. I make decent money and cannot take a huge pay cut for a simplton job. Seriously need ome advice from some professionals where or what to do!!!! I know this is a strange request but it would be appreciated considering my shitty luck in life maybe theres something im missing..........:dontknow:
(I find it ironic no matter how hard i work and or try it always bites me in the ass)
Mike, I'm about 20 years your senior, but I can relate. Stereotypes still play a large roll in the world (unfortunately). You have a good skill set, that you should easily be able to build on. I suggest that you approach a large company for employment, since they are not allowed to judge by appearance. Give me a PM if you are in my area (info in my sig.) I may be able to get you some contacts.

if you live in cali, ou could work for the entertainment industry!

I work at warnerbros, and I see guys like ou all over the place!

good luck man

Well at least you were smart enough to buy the fast /dirty color :D
This is an impossible question to ask anyone but yourself.First off sit down and look at what talents ,knowledge and skills you have .Then look around and think of what you would love to do , now when you find what you truely love figure what it will take to get you there ,apprentice,school,degree or what ever it take ,,, then do it . I would rather be poor and happy than rich and misserable any day . Now the big problem is most do not have a clue what this is (perfect job ) till they think it's too late to try and it's far too easy to follow routine mundane life rather than change . The funny thing is humans are a massive electronic machine and as everyone knows electricity follows the path of least resistance , so do the masses of people thats why most never get ahead . To move ahead means stepping out of your comfort zone as that is the only way we advance .
It took me years to come full circle as I started out at 15 building cars and went throught way too many trades ,would not even try to list and where did I finally end up right back to being 15 ROFLMAO building cars :dontknow:
So after all this rambling what do YOU want to do ????????????????????????
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Wow!

I agree with Mike you gotta do what YOU want to do. I would think the employers would be getting more tolerant of the tattoos and piercings since most people seem to have them :confused: :dontknow:

Good luck and sorry I can't offer you much help. Save as much $$ as you can because you won't be young forever. Life is like a roll of toilet paper, it goes faster as you get to the end :D

Wifey said:
Wow!

I agree with Mike you gotta do what YOU want to do. I would think the employers would be getting more tolerant of the tattoos and piercings since most people seem to have them :confused: :dontknow:

Good luck and sorry I can't offer you much help. Save as much $$ as you can because you won't be young forever. Life is like a roll of toilet paper, it goes faster as you get to the end :D

Well if lifes like toilet paper apparently my boss and my mother have wiped with me gee i dont think that makes me feel better doe make me crack a mile to think of my poor self screaming a someone went to whip there ass with my face ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well if lifes like toilet paper apparently my boss and my mother have wiped with me gee i dont think that makes me feel better doe make me crack a mile to think of my poor self screaming a someone went to whip there ass with my face ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Hey, it was worth a try :D You sound like a hard working guy and I'm sure you will achieve your goals. Look at the bright side, yougotridofthehemiforyoursrt10 :rock:

Hotrodmike said:
Well at least you were smart enough to buy the fast /dirty color :D
This is an impossible question to ask anyone but yourself.First off sit down and look at what talents ,knowledge and skills you have .Then look around and think of what you would love to do , now when you find what you truely love figure what it will take to get you there ,apprentice,school,degree or what ever it take ,,, then do it . I would rather be poor and happy than rich and misserable any day . Now the big problem is most do not have a clue what this is (perfect job ) till they think it's too late to try and it's far too easy to follow routine mundane life rather than change . The funny thing is humans are a massive electronic machine and as everyone knows electricity follows the path of least resistance , so do the masses of people thats why most never get ahead . To move ahead means stepping out of your comfort zone as that is the only way we advance .
It took me years to come full circle as I started out at 15 building cars and went throught way too many trades ,would not even try to list and where did I finally end up right back to being 15 ROFLMAO building cars :dontknow:
So after all this rambling what do YOU want to do ????????????????????????
Have A Kind Day
Mike

always honestly wanted to work at a custom truck/car shop but dont have the financial resources to get there plus there are no decent schools here in IL hell and cant leave so i guess its back to the real idea the lotto! Dam aint life grand!

Wifey said:
Hey, it was worth a try :D You sound like a hard working guy and I'm sure you will achieve your goals. Look at the bright side, yougotridofthehemiforyoursrt10 :rock:

yea the luck gets better i have to take it in tomarrow omethings wrong with it lol i jut found out today lol

yea the luck gets better i have to take it in tomarrow omethings wrong with it lol i jut found out today lol
If you are taking it to a dealer, you may want to keep a close eye on it. Most of them don't know jack shit about our trucks. Been there, done that :(

Wifey said:
If you are taking it to a dealer, you may want to keep a close eye on it. Most of them don't know jack shit about our trucks. Been there, done that :(

not worried there the best dealer ive ever EVER been to, they are friends to so it works out

not worried there the best dealer ive ever EVER been to, they are friends to so it works out
Good deal then :rock:

Custom schools are BS too much book and not enough shop time . The gearheads I hire stay the Wyo-Tec boys either get canned or puss out and run home . I have even made the offer to guys fresh out of school instead of laying out 30$k + to go to a tec school apprentice here for two years unpaid ,the numbers are the same but most blow the 30 and end up working sales or contruction . They think they will start a shop after school but soon find they were not taught enough . By the way altho pretty F'in cool most of the time the pay scale in the custom industry is less tha the production end bad thing about production is burnout .
I did get a great compliment when I rehired a kid I had canned about 6 years before . He grew up some and ended up with his own Paintless Dent shop pulling in a lot of high end cars ,as he was real good . Well he kept coming out and finally told me he was going to keep bugging me til I let him come to work here . I said I could not see taking that kind of pay cut ,but he just said he had sat down to think of his life and as much money as he was pulling down he was sick of doing what he did . He then told me this was the only job he ever loved . So he does work here and just handed his whole business over to a buddy and it never bother him . Crazy but a real nice complement
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Hotrodmike said:
Custom schools are BS too much book and not enough shop time . The gearheads I hire stay the Wyo-Tec boys either get canned or puss out and run home . I have even made the offer to guys fresh out of school instead of laying out 30$k + to go to a tec school apprentice here for two years unpaid ,the numbers are the same but most blow the 30 and end up working sales or contruction . They think they will start a shop after school but soon find they were not taught enough . By the way altho pretty F'in cool most of the time the pay scale in the custom industry is less tha the production end bad thing about production is burnout .
I did get a great compliment when I rehired a kid I had canned about 6 years before . He grew up some and ended up with his own Paintless Dent shop pulling in a lot of high end cars ,as he was real good . Well he kept coming out and finally told me he was going to keep bugging me til I let him come to work here . I said I could not see taking that kind of pay cut ,but he just said he had sat down to think of his life and as much money as he was pulling down he was sick of doing what he did . He then told me this was the only job he ever loved . So he does work here and just handed his whole business over to a buddy and it never bother him . Crazy but a real nice complement
Have A Kind Day
Mike

like i said i need to win the lotto to do what i really want or wait another 10-15 years to build money to get even started, got billz and they gots to be paid so i must search on for the money not really the job saddly:(

I honestly do not know how people are supposed to live on the low wages these days. I am appaled at the minimum wage. I think if people overseas didn't have to work for nothing we would keep our work here in the USA where it should be and we could all make more money. Instead we compete with the overseas and Mexico labor rates and it takes ours down with it.

Sorry, just my opinion :)

Wifey said:
I honestly do not know how people are supposed to live on the low wages these days. I am appaled at the minimum wage. I think if people overseas didn't have to work for nothing we would keep our work here in the USA where it should be and we could all make more money. Instead we compete with the overseas and Mexico labor rates and it takes ours down with it.

Sorry, just my opinion :)

AGREEEEEEEED shit i risk my life daily for:

no inurance AT ALL
No Medical
No Benefits
and only $750 a week but i have to take my taxes out on my own so i pay more

but mcdonalds is always hiring Whoops i dont speak spanish Dam!

That would need to be a 2nd or 3rd job anyway so you could take a lil spanish class in your SPARE time - LOL, SURE ..........

you quiro taco bellllllo? thats all i got lol
si senor ................ :rolleyes:

hahahaha we are hoing up your thread :eek: :eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back