Need opinions from a different audience

VIPER D.N.A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been a Firehawk fan for a while now but I understand that they probably do not have the following of other cars. Believe it or not I'm looking to buy a car to have fun with and in a few years and try to make a buck in the end.

Considering a 97 Firehawk LT4, car is #1 of 29 made. The LT4 was rated at 330hp and is arguably faster than the LS1 which was put into every other TransAm/Firehawk until production ended. The LT4 came from the 96 Grand Sport Corvette and 100ish made their way into SS Camaros and only 29 into Firehawks.
Each engine was balanced, buleprinted and dynoed by SLP before delivery. In 98 they switched to the LS1. I have seen people getting around 30 or so recently for an LT4 camaro. But you hardly see any Hawks for Sale which is the more rare breed although probably not as popular.

So why am I saying this on an SRT-10 forum? I want to know who is familiar with the cars and if they think the market/potential is/will be there for the car to be valuable in a few years. Pontiac is dead.

Car #1 of 29. Arguably the fastest and most rare FBody (Camaros and Firebirds 93-02) made. Black, Hurst Manual, Tan interior, every SLP (Firehawk) option, 60,000 miles. What would you pay for it today and could it be valuable say 5 or 10 years from now.

Sounds awesome! I dont know anything about them but I'd love to see some pics of it. Good luck!

only thing i know is what ive seen on tv, a rare car should hold its value or even appreciate with the right buyer

The Firehawks are awesome. That sounds like a rare one, for sure! I have been looking at a PRISTINE '01 SS Camaro. The guy has pampered it and it's a one-owner. Also has every single SLP option he could get on it. It's all black and a 6-speed. He wants $15,000 for it. I would do $13k, but haven't heard back from him.

I think $16-17k is about tops for these cars right now. :dontknow: Good luck! The car sounds great! :five:

if you are young mr dna, it would be a good invextment, but it will take about 15 more years before its really worth anymore than it is now

faslane505 said:
dont know how much these will sell for but they sure are asking a pretty penny for em...

http://www.camarosandfirebirds.com/page-2126.html

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/displaycar.php?stock=4445&location=STL

Wow! 30k for the drop top and it's not even an LT-4? No way! I'm a GM guy and am also really into the last F-Bodies, especially the Firehawk. I agree that #1 of 29 LT-4 Hawk is really rare and may be worth a grip of money in about 15 to 20 years. I personally like the LS-1 model, just because I prefer the body styling on it.

The downer is that to keep it valuable, you're going to have to refrain from really enjoying it, and baby the hell out of it to keep it in pristine condition.

cool car, buy it to enjoy it. i cant ever see it being worth a whole lot but you never know.

faslane505 said:
dont know how much these will sell for but they sure are asking a pretty penny for em...

http://www.camarosandfirebirds.com/page-2126.html

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/displaycar.php?stock=4445&location=STL

Ridiculous. I saw a guy claiming #001 LT4 camaro asking $75k for it on another forum. :D They gave him a pretty bad bashing over it.

The mileage hangs me up at 60k although it appears to be well kept. Its for sale from the original owner. She wants roughly 19k :confused: :confused: If I don't pull the trigger it's going up on the Bay soon.

Stink: I'm 29 but have learned recently I get tired of em after 5 years and want something different. The car is already 13 yrs old and to tell you the truth I'm tired of buying semi brand new cars and losing half the value in 2 or 3 years. If I hadn't bought my Truck new I would be in the market for one right now with the way prices are.

NorCal: I prefer the 98 up models as well. but I'm betting on the rarity and #s game with this one. I also prefer the firehawk/TAs and the LT4s were only Firehawk/Formulas.

That's MR. Trans Am to you!

I am known as the " TRANS AM MAN" round here as I have had and still own more than my share. I can tell you that indeed that is a rare car, but listen to others as well. It will only appreciate in value if you buy it and put it in a capsule ( storage) somewhere for about 20 years. Pontiac is DEAD and they will incrase in value inevitably. The LT4 is a bad ass engine, but still LT1 based and has nothing on and LS1 honestly. The body is nice although I, like yourself, prefer the Trans Am over the Formula cosmetic wise. Even more so on the 98-02 models. All in all it's a decision for you to make and decide whether you want it as an investment or recreation.:D

I had a 2001 SS in Sunset orange that was a rare color in the SS it only had about 68k miles. I could only get $9,000 out of it. :dontknow:

Attachments

• IMG_1830.JPG
    IMG_1830.JPG
    425.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1831.JPG
    IMG_1831.JPG
    349.3 KB · Views: 18
dragon said:
I had a 2001 SS in Sunset orange that was a rare color in the SS it only had about 68k miles. I could only get $9,000 out of it. :dontknow:

That's a pretty car and I hear ya, I sold my 00 Firehawk TA a few years ago for 12.5k and it had 98k miles. Thought I did pretty decent on it.

I had an '00 WS6, awesome car, all black with 6 speed. Friends called it the Batmobile due to its truly sexy curves, but with the C5 Corvette out there ahead of it, its doubtful it will be worth much in the future. You would need to find someone who really wants an F body, lack of performance (engine, suspension, braking) compared to the Vette always sets them as #2.

Now our trucks is a different story, they truly are a nitch vehicle and the fact that Chrysler likely will not be making any in the future gives them more hope in the future.

They are definantely fun to drive and quick cars for the money. I am a firm believer in buying a car to drive and enjoy.

Performance aside, a rare car is a rare car. Anyone watch the auctions on tv? 80's firebirds are selling for slightly more then when they were new. I doubt if all 29 are still around. Buy it and baby it. You should at the very least be able to break even if you sold it. I think the next 15 years it will only rise in value.

enforcer17 said:
I had an '00 WS6, awesome car, all black with 6 speed. Friends called it the Batmobile due to its truly sexy curves, but with the C5 Corvette out there ahead of it, its doubtful it will be worth much in the future. You would need to find someone who really wants an F body, lack of performance (engine, suspension, braking) compared to the Vette always sets them as #2.

Now our trucks is a different story, they truly are a nitch vehicle and the fact that Chrysler likely will not be making any in the future gives them more hope in the future.

I must agree. I've got both... :rock::rock::rock:
Only buy the WS6 ~or~ Firehawk (fully optioned) if resale is important. Buy a NON - WS6 (LS1)for practically 1/2 the price if you just want to have fun. Hell buy 2...
Buy it to drive it!:burnout:
There are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Firebirds and TAs (aka POORVETTE) to choose from right now. They aren't the best investment yet and the cheaper interiors wear relatively quickly if you plan to use it regularly... But for the money - they are awesome...:rock::rock::rock:

brothers.jpg

The 97 is the one with the hood scoops, not the nose scoops......as I call them. I like the 97 vs 00 any day of the week, I think they ruined the design when the scoops went down to the grille. My friend Sammy came in from Maylasia in December and bought a 2002 Anniversary (Yellow and Black) one to take back with him. I got to drive it back from the shipping lot where it was stored.....NICE, it had long tube headers and an exhaust. In the end, this car is for you.....so buy what YOU like and not what others tell you to buy......I will be looking to purchase a 1993 (under 10,000 miles) Mustang Cobra when I get the chance.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back