Need opinions from a different audience

VIPER D.N.A said:
I've been a Firehawk fan for a while now but I understand that they probably do not have the following of other cars. Believe it or not I'm looking to buy a car to have fun with and in a few years and try to make a buck in the end.

Considering a 97 Firehawk LT4, car is #1 of 29 made. The LT4 was rated at 330hp and is arguably faster than the LS1 which was put into every other TransAm/Firehawk until production ended. The LT4 came from the 96 Grand Sport Corvette and 100ish made their way into SS Camaros and only 29 into Firehawks.
Each engine was balanced, buleprinted and dynoed by SLP before delivery. In 98 they switched to the LS1. I have seen people getting around 30 or so recently for an LT4 camaro. But you hardly see any Hawks for Sale which is the more rare breed although probably not as popular.

So why am I saying this on an SRT-10 forum? I want to know who is familiar with the cars and if they think the market/potential is/will be there for the car to be valuable in a few years. Pontiac is dead.

Car #1 of 29. Arguably the fastest and most rare FBody (Camaros and Firebirds 93-02) made. Black, Hurst Manual, Tan interior, every SLP (Firehawk) option, 60,000 miles. What would you pay for it today and could it be valuable say 5 or 10 years from now.
I have to disagree with your statement that the LT4 is the fastest, it is basically the same as the LT1 with slightly better heads and intake. Any of the LS1 models will outperform it easily. I have owned a 95 Formula , 94 Firehawk, and a 2000 Firehawk ( still have this one) and the LS1 was far superior in every way. If you are buying for investment then you will not be able to modify the car in any way or you will lose money and value. If you are planning to modify, then find a 99-2002 LS1 Firehawk and you won't be disappointed. My 2000 Firehawk ran 12.92 @110 on street tires and pure stock. After headers, mild cam (224/224 .563) Ported heads and LSX intake I ran 11.80 @120.22 with 4.10 gears (stock size 7.5" rear end) leaving the starting line @ 1500 rpm easy and then power shifting @ 6500 rpm with Mickey Thompson ET Streets. Just offering my opinion.

I also had a trans am ws6 lt1...I loved the car but after riding in a ls1....There better...And who cares about what it will resale at unless you dont want to drive it...Buy a regular ls1 trans am ws6 and build that to youre liking....A firehawk isnt much of a difference unless you plan to keep it stock as a show car or something...Most people buy "special models" and the differences are very minor and they just end up modding it anyway....A WS6 with a good tune and catback will spank any stock Firehawk......

honestly....

you said you wanted to "drive it or play a little" or something like that...

those are not investments, imo...

those are drivers....

buy a ws6 or ss...and drive it, then sell it...and be done with it....

I talked to an investment broker about cars for investments and he showed me on paper how it was not a good investment most of the time. There are exceptions to every rule. By the time you figure in storage,insurance,tags and taxes there are better ways to invest money.
Buy it to drive and have fun. If you can buy with the market down and drive it for a year and turn a profit you did good.
I have a 2002 Trans Am WS-6 for sale 85K $13300. If its against the rules to post here, I can move to for sale .

buy it because you love it its all in the eye of beholder.it is a rare ta and and if kept stock and in pristine condition itll be worth more than an ls1.im a current lt1 ta owner and i know there isnt to many stock f bodys left out there now.they in my opinion easiest cars to mod and fastest for the money.this being said if you get it and want a return on it dont use it,but what fun is that mod the shit out of it and enjoy.

or spend the extra cash and gen a GenI viper 04 C5Z06

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back